How can I stop my dog from eating cat poop?

At least I think that's what it is b/c when I'm walking him, sometimes he'll find something near the bushes and starts chomping on it. This totally grosses me out. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

At least I think that's what it is b/c when I'm walking him, sometimes he'll find something near the bushes and starts chomping on it. This totally grosses me out. Any helpful advice would be appreciated....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I stop my dog from eating cat poop?...

• How can I stop my dog from eating cat poop?

How can I stop my dog from eating cat poop? Other Pet Discussions
      At least I think that's what it is b/c when I'm walking him, sometimes he'll find something near the bushes and starts chomping on it. This totally grosses me out. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

How can I stop my dog from eating cat poop? Other Pet Discussions
    • That is a sign that your dog isn't eating proper.Try changing his food. Or mixing dry and can food together.Like us , they don't want to eat the same thing everyday.

• You can consistanly tell him 'no' and keep his head up when you are walking. This is easiest done with the "Gentle Leader", if you don't care to obedience train him. Only allow his head down when he is where you want him to go poo.Otherwise, there is no way to stop the habit. A trick that works is to carry soft doggy (or I prefer cat) treats in your pocket. He will be more intersted in you than in other smells. give him one occasionally when he is walking nicely, and he will try to earn more of them.

• Cats bury their poop, so it is probably not cat poop. Who knows *what* he is finding? Dogs are fine animals, but this is one of the reasons that I prefer cats. <shudder>

• Some dogs just eat p00p. It's odd. My dog eats grass for an unknown reason. We think it's because he was abused before we got him and he is working out habits. Who knows.I got him to stop eating his and our other dogs p00p by doing something my Vet said to do: Add dry Meat Tenderizer to their food. Just shake it on like salt. There is some chemical in Meat Tenderizer that comes out smally and bad tasting to dogs in their p00p.I thought my Vet was wacky, but it worked.

• that is a sign you are not getting her the most $ food there is i buy my baby eats 60$ a bag dog food. wt stopped my dog from eating my poop i ate it my self that makes there minds shut off

• Dogs are really bad about doing that. Having him on a leash and pulling him away from anything he finds to eat along your walk would probably be a good idea. Even if it isn't kitty poop, whatever he is finding to eat is probably nothing he should have.