How do i use my dog as a stud?

I have a pug i live in colchester, my other half wont let me get a female pug so i am hoping to find someone else in colchester to mate him with???although my dog is kc registered im not fussed about the bitch being so as i just want him to mate with…

I have a pug i live in colchester, my other half wont let me get a female pug so i am hoping to find someone else in colchester to mate him with???although my dog is kc registered im not fussed about the bitch being so as i just want him to mate with…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do i use my dog as a stud?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do i use my dog as a stud?

How do i use my dog as a stud? General Dog Discussions
      I have a pug i live in colchester, my other half wont let me get a female pug so i am hoping to find someone else in colchester to mate him with???although my dog is kc registered im not fussed about the bitch being so as i just want him to mate with another pug!! none of this genetics nonsenseActually i was doing it for my dog not to make money thanks!!! thought it would do him good

How do i use my dog as a stud? General Dog Discussions
    • Most breeders will come to you but first you need to get your studs championship and health clearances before any respectable breeder will even look at you. Just hanging out at shows you can meet breeders that may be interested if you dog has good conformation and temperament. Please remember that there are tons of dogs in the shelter and plenty of breeders that, like you, have no clue what they are doing are contributing to this problem.THAT GENETIC NONSENSE IS THE REASON THAT TOP QUALITY BREEDERS CAN GUARANTEE A HEALTHY DOG. THAT GENETIC NONSENSE IS WHY WE CAN BREED DOGS WITH EXCELLENT TEMPERAMENT. THAT GENETIC NONSENSE IS WHY WE CAN BREED PUGS THAT ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE PUGS!!!!! Pugs can have lots of health problems and breeding this dog without out research and 'just to have puppies' poses a huge risk to your dog and the puppies.Breeding him does not do him any good. Keeping him intact is a huge health risk to your dog. He does not enjoy sex like humans do he does it on instinct. Please fix your dog.There are several health benefits to neutering. One of the most important concerns the prostate gland, which under the influence of testosterone will gradually enlarge over the course of the dog's life. In age, it is likely to become uncomfortable, possibly being large enough to interfere w/defecation. The prostate under the influence of testosterone is also predisposed to infection which is almost impossible to clear up without neutering. Neutering causes the prostate to shrink into insignificance thus preventing both prostatitis as well as the uncomfortable benign hyperplasia (enlargement) that occurs with aging. It is often erroneously held that neutering prevents prostate cancer but this is not true. Other health benefits of neutering include the prevention of certain types of hernias and tumors of the testicles and anus. Excessive preputial discharge is also reduced by neutering.

• The best way to find a breeding female would be to advertise in your local newspaper.Make sure to include the age of your Pug and coloring.Before using him as a stud, you'll need to have all the necessary paperwork: vet records, etc. to show that he's in good health and to the breed standard.There is a lot of irresponsible breeding that goes on with dogs, so make sure that the female that he's a stud for is in good health, up-to-date on all of her vaccines, wormed, heart worm negative and on a preventative, and she should also be at least two years old (so her body is developed enough to have the puppies). There should also be a contract of some kind that both of you agree to and sign. Also, she should be bigger or the same size as your male, because otherwise the puppies could be too big for her to have naturally.Good luck!

• Genetic nonsense??? it is not nonsense-it is what keeps the breed pure. You obviously are doing this for a quick buck. You have no buisiness breeding a dog if you are not going to be responsible about it.

• Well the "genetics nonsense" is not only what keeps your Pug LOOKING like a Pug, but also will raise the likelyhood of HEALTHY puppies. Better tell your puppy buyers you don't pay any attention to genetics so they know they may be buying sickly pups!!! How irresponsible and ignorant!BTW, the BIT CH owners go looking for a stud, the stud owners don't run around looking for bit ches.You said - "thought it would do him good"Actually, stud dogs are much more likely to mark their territory on your furniture, and can get pretty aggressive. Some stud dogs can get pretty difficult to handle. He will remain a much nicer pet if he is never used.