Will puppies from a small litter end up larger than normal?

I have a Lhasa Apso puppy reserved from a planned breeding. A full term x ray done today at the vet showed three large puppies (because they have had more growing room than a larger litter would ). If the puppies are born larger due to a small litter…

I have a Lhasa Apso puppy reserved from a planned breeding. A full term x ray done today at the vet showed three large puppies (because they have had more growing room than a larger litter would ). If the puppies are born larger due to a small litter…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will puppies from a small litter end up larger than normal?...

• Will puppies from a small litter end up larger than normal?

Will puppies from a small litter end up larger than normal? General Dog Discussions
      I have a Lhasa Apso puppy reserved from a planned breeding. A full term x ray done today at the vet showed three large puppies (because they have had more growing room than a larger litter would ). If the puppies are born larger due to a small litter count, will they end up larger than normal as adults or will they be about the same as they would have been had they been born smaller from a larger litter?

Will puppies from a small litter end up larger than normal? General Dog Discussions
    • No, the pups will not be bigger than normal once full grown. Genetically, they are Lhasa Apso's. They may be bigger pups while nursing from mom because there are less pups to compete with, so they will constantly have food, but will be normal when adults. Good luck with your litter!

• no they will be the same size regardless, because Lhasa Apso's have to be a certain size according the breed standard (10-11 inches at the withers and 12-18lbs). Unless they come from a BYB then you never know.

• No, the size of the litter does not matter to a dogs seize. However, if the parents of the dog were large then the pups will probably be large. Or if they are small then they will probably be small. Genes are all that matters in seize. Since being large is a dominant the chances of the pups being big are greater than being small.