How often should I take my puppy to the vet?

Harleigh is 6 months old now. When I first got her at 3 months old, I took her to get a exam. Well they hardly did ANYTHING. Just really looked over her. Didn't look in her ears, teeth, etc.She's UTD on all her shots and stuff. But I'm just wondering…

Harleigh is 6 months old now. When I first got her at 3 months old, I took her to get a exam. Well they hardly did ANYTHING. Just really looked over her. Didn't look in her ears, teeth, etc.She's UTD on all her shots and stuff. But I'm just wondering…...
    General Dog Discussions : How often should I take my puppy to the vet?...

• How often should I take my puppy to the vet?

How often should I take my puppy to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      Harleigh is 6 months old now. When I first got her at 3 months old, I took her to get a exam. Well they hardly did ANYTHING. Just really looked over her. Didn't look in her ears, teeth, etc.She's UTD on all her shots and stuff. But I'm just wondering when I need to take her to the vet for an exam?Thanks...She's been spayed. :) And, yup I've got her on Heartguard.

How often should I take my puppy to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • I take my boy for a yearly examination when he has his annual boosters (to kill two birds with one stone).Unless she is ill or has any long-term conditions, there is no need for her to go more frequently.I'm surprised the vet didn't look in her ears or mouth. Hmmm, I'd get a different vet.Add: Obviously she needs regular flea/worming treatment, but you do not need a vet consultation for that. And it's great to hear you got her spayed. :)