how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet?

I just got a puppy and just two days ago he vomitted after he finished eating his food. he didn't want to eat anything since then. I am thinking about taking him to the vet but I'm afraid it will cost too much. Does anyone know how much will it cost if I…

how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet?

I just got a puppy and just two days ago he vomitted after he finished eating his food. he didn't want to eat anything since then. I am thinking about taking him to the vet but I'm afraid it will cost too much. Does anyone know how much will it cost if I…...
    General Dog Discussions : how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet?...

• Have you tried changing his food? Maybe he is allergic or doesn't like the kind of food he is being served. Maybe try giving him a treat or something that you know puppies love and see what happens. Also, be very cautious as puppies tend to eat EVERYTHING in sight and he/she might have ate something that has made his stomach upset or something might be stuck in his stomach causing him to not want to eat. That could be very costly as they may have to do some surgery to remove any items in his stomach. Watch the dog, has he made a poo poo (sorry for the lame mention of it) but is there anything in it? Worms or object or anything? You have to keep your eye on the dog at all times to find out what is wrong, making a trip to the vet could be costly and if you can figure it out at home, try. You could also just try calling the vet to see what they have to say about his symptoms and give you suggestions as well.ONE MORE THING -- IGNORE THESE PEOPLE TELLING YOU BAD THINGS BECAUSE YOUR ASKING ABOUT THE COST OF THE VET, IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT YOU CAN GO OTHER ROUTES (THEY ARE JUST SYNICAL AND WANT TO PUT SOMEONE DOWN) sometimes the local SPCA is cheaper. AT LEAST YOU CARED ENOUGH TO ASK AND ARE TRYING --

• How would you know how much it would cost if you don't know what is wrong with the dog yet? If he doesn't get better, take the dog to the vet. That's part of the responsibility of owning a pet.

• do you have insurance?? if so claim on that. i couldnt tell you how much it would cost because a) different vets charge different fees & b) i dont have a dog!!! but if finances are short and you have a local rspca vet near you - get incontact with them - they charge less than normal vets as they are a charity! hope your puppy gets better soon xx

• First of all, getting a dog is a responsibility that goes beyond "how much something will cost" It is a commitment for as long as your pet lives. A Vet visit isn't that much money, probably around 35 for the office visit and that may be all you have to pay unless medicines are prescribed. But the main issue is you have a responsibility to take care of this puppy! Make sure you are feeding a good, quality dog food. That is very important! Go online to check out recommended foods.... there are many, but get quality food!!!!! And the Vet can recommend food also.... I could give you brands...but check out the latest issue of "Whole Dog Journal" they have the latest and best foods available for your dog.

• well... puppy are just like babies.. they crap, puke, all lthe timei wouldn't worry about it, if it only happened once.maybe you fed him too much.but if you just got him, doesn't he need to go get his shots anyway?

• Maybe you just need to feed him something different,or less of what he's eating.A dog cannot go without eating for too long.Low blood sugar will surely kill him if whatever else is wrong doesn't.Try buying a chicken,turkey or lamb based food for him.Pedigree makes a puppy food,canned,lamb & rice that you should try to coax him into eating now.Make sure it's the puppy food.Then,slowly,turn him onto eating only dry food.May save you a vet visit.Vet prices vary greatly,state to state,and vet to vet.

• Depends on what is wrong with your puppy - most vets charged 25-50$ for the initial visit to check him out, the bloowork, tests, medicines would all be more. Did you have him checked out by a vet when you first brought him home? He could have worms or some other disease, puppies have very sensitive systems, especially if they're weaned from their mom's too soon. Puppies are very curious and will eat every little speck they can find on a carpet, and they could be throwing up from this too. If he's not eating or drinking water or eliminating for more than 24 hours, be a responsible owner and take him to the vet.

• i agree with most. it could cost you a little or a lot. would you even think of cost if it were your kid? you've taken on this responsibility and you need to take the pup to the vet.