What are the benefits and downsides of having my dog neutered? aka nuts removed?

Would his personality change? Will he become more mellow? etc. Any comments would be appreciated!~

What are the benefits and downsides of having my dog neutered? aka nuts removed?

Would his personality change? Will he become more mellow? etc. Any comments would be appreciated!~...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the benefits and downsides of having my dog neutered? aka nuts removed?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Health is NOT one of the benefit of neutering your dog, in contrary it probably more healthy not to neuter your dog. Neutering reduce the risk of some cancer and health issues, but increase the risk of other cancer and health issues.Health risks reduced by neutering are:- testicular cancer (but these are rare fatalities for dog)- some uterine infection- non-cancerous prostate issueHealth risks increased by neutering are:- anesthetic and surgical complications in the procedure itself (especially with existing health issue)- bone cancer- blood cancer- obesity- adverse reaction to vaccines- hair loss- prostate cancer- geriatric problem- urinary incontinence- thyroid gland issuesFor more details, read the references below.