What kind of infection, problem, is this for puppies?

My friend is going to take her puppies to the vet tomorrow and they have swollen parts (above the eyes, paw, side of their heads) and they also have bald spots and it looks like they are losing hair and some seem to be swollen and it doesn't look pretty.…

My friend is going to take her puppies to the vet tomorrow and they have swollen parts (above the eyes, paw, side of their heads) and they also have bald spots and it looks like they are losing hair and some seem to be swollen and it doesn't look pretty.…...
    General Dog Discussions : What kind of infection, problem, is this for puppies?...

• What kind of infection, problem, is this for puppies?

What kind of infection, problem, is this for puppies? General Dog Discussions
      My friend is going to take her puppies to the vet tomorrow and they have swollen parts (above the eyes, paw, side of their heads) and they also have bald spots and it looks like they are losing hair and some seem to be swollen and it doesn't look pretty. Some bald spots are longer/bigger than others. Some are circular and some are long. Has anyone dealt with something like this and would give us a heads up please?

What kind of infection, problem, is this for puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes, sounds like dermodectic mange, aka Red Mange, which is quite common in puppies. It tends to occur in dogs that have weakened immune systems, and can lead to poor health and even death, if left untreated.http://www.mange-in-dogs.com/demodectic-mange-in-dogs.phpPoor puppy, I'm sure once the vet gets him in a medicated bath and some injections, he'll start feeling better.