my dog has an enlarged prostate?

to the left of his penis is swollen and bulging, im really worried that he might have something wrong with his prostate. what can i do about this? i am definately going to take him to the doctor but i looked it up on the internet and it said something…

to the left of his penis is swollen and bulging, im really worried that he might have something wrong with his prostate. what can i do about this? i am definately going to take him to the doctor but i looked it up on the internet and it said something…...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog has an enlarged prostate?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my dog has an enlarged prostate?

my dog has an enlarged prostate? General Dog Discussions
      to the left of his penis is swollen and bulging, im really worried that he might have something wrong with his prostate. what can i do about this? i am definately going to take him to the doctor but i looked it up on the internet and it said something about an infection?

my dog has an enlarged prostate? General Dog Discussions
    • If it's directly next to his penis, I'd imagine that it's not his prostate. They're further south than that.So an enlarged prostate... let's see...It can be a benign type of prostate growth, which does happen. It'll get big, but it's not particularly bad as long as he can still pee fine.It can be bad cancer. That'll have to be dealt with, and prognosis depends on the type of cancer.It can be an infection that creates an abcess. But the thing is, if it was an infection, he'd probably be sick.If your dog is otherwise fine, peeing normally, and if you press on it gently he doesn't seem to get freaked out or be in pain, I wouldn't worry. But, it's always a safe thing to go to the Vet, as I can't see/feel the area, or do any diagnostics. To check on it, I'd do an ultrasound and go from there, but I like diagnostic imaging a lot, so other docs might do other tests instead.