Is it possible to neuter a full grown male cat and he will cease peeing on the carpet?

Or does that only work when their still kittens? I want to bring my cat inside but he sprays everywhere which is the reason I put him out in the first place.

Is it possible to neuter a full grown male cat and he will cease peeing on the carpet?

Or does that only work when their still kittens? I want to bring my cat inside but he sprays everywhere which is the reason I put him out in the first place....
    General Dog Discussions : Is it possible to neuter a full grown male cat and he will cease peeing on the carpet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it possible to neuter a full grown male cat and he will cease peeing on the carpet?

Is it possible to neuter a full grown male cat and he will cease peeing on the carpet? General Dog Discussions
      Or does that only work when their still kittens? I want to bring my cat inside but he sprays everywhere which is the reason I put him out in the first place.

Is it possible to neuter a full grown male cat and he will cease peeing on the carpet? General Dog Discussions
    • It doesn't just work when they're kittens, it will work at any age. However, not in all cases. I recommend something called Feliway. Of course, still neuter him but look up the product called Feliway. It helps cease peeing.

• i have the same problem, and the vet told me that although it is possible, since he's already done it, it might not work. Just to be on the safe side, call a vet and talk to them over the phone.

• yes you can neuter a adult catHe may or may not stop spraying. Usually once they start they don't stop and that's why its best to fix them as kittens. You should still have him fixed any ways to prevent unwanted kittens.

• Neutering is a good idea either way, but yes it should still reduce spraying in the house as an adult. Also have the vet test him for a urinary tract infection if he's peeing on the carpet. This is a common problem in cats, especially males.

• Having a male cat neuter will help your cat. It is their behavior to spray, but once it is fixed, it will spray odorless and less. It will also lower their temperament...Benefits of Spay/Neuter Surgery There are a number of compelling reasons to spay or neuter your pet: • Spay/neuter surgery has health and behavior benefits. It removes reproductive organs that often cause dogs and cats to have medical problems in later life. • Spaying reduces the risk that a female dog or cat will suffer from mammary tumors and uterine cancer. It eliminates the risk of complications from pregnancy. • Neutered males won’t develop prostate problems or testicular cancer. • Altered dogs and cats are more relaxed pets, because they are not driven to mate, and they are less inclined to defend territory. They are less apt to fight with other animals. They are not as likely to roam, so there’s less chance they will get lost, injured or killed. • Neutered dogs are less apt to urinate in the house. • Altered cats are less inclined to spray. • Altered dogs have fewer behavior issues. • Contrary to popular belief, altering does not spoil your pet’s personality. Nor does it make your pet fat and lazy. • Spay/neuter surgery also has humane benefits. It saves lives by preventing unwanted litters and homeless animals. It's a myth that cats and dogs should have one litter before spaying: • Motherhood does not make for a better pet; having a litter doesn’t necessarily result in a calmer dog or cat. • There are advantages to altering at an early age. • Early spay/neuter surgery ensures that a dog or cat won’t reproduce. • Animals altered at an early age seem to recover more quickly and painlessly that those altered later on. • There is less surgical trauma, faster recovery and fewer complications with early spay/ neuter surgery. Hope this help!

• It's not a guarantee, but many cats stop spraying once neutered. It's worth a try... Let this be a lesson.. NEUTER BEFORE the habit starts. I recommend neutering before 7 months of age.. HELLO!!! It's called responsible pet ownership!!! Males can be neutered at any age safely (well, after they're like 12 weeks old)..