2 week old Chihuahua x Shih-Tzu shaking in her sleep?

I recently rescued an orphaned two-week-old chihuahua x shih-tzu. She seems normal, she will crawl around when you are holding her but when she falls asleep she shakes. Her limbs and her head shake, almost like she is "dreaming" like an older dog. I…

I recently rescued an orphaned two-week-old chihuahua x shih-tzu. She seems normal, she will crawl around when you are holding her but when she falls asleep she shakes. Her limbs and her head shake, almost like she is "dreaming" like an older dog. I…...
    General Dog Discussions : 2 week old Chihuahua x Shih-Tzu shaking in her sleep?...

• 2 week old Chihuahua x Shih-Tzu shaking in her sleep?

2 week old Chihuahua x Shih-Tzu shaking in her sleep? General Dog Discussions
      I recently rescued an orphaned two-week-old chihuahua x shih-tzu. She seems normal, she will crawl around when you are holding her but when she falls asleep she shakes. Her limbs and her head shake, almost like she is "dreaming" like an older dog. I don't know if the litter nursed from the mother for the first two days to get the colostrum. I am planning to take her to the vet ASAP. She also likes to sleep on her back.The only time she is really vocal is when I have to stimulate her to urinate/defecate. Other than that, she is very quiet. She sleeps most of the day.At what age should she start walking?We are feeding her Just Born milk replacement, she has normal looking stools and urine. We feed her about every three hours or when she wakes up and starts suckling on things.Any advice on raising an orphaned puppy or any knowledge of normal behavior of puppies her age would be very appreciated, I've never done this before :)

2 week old Chihuahua x Shih-Tzu shaking in her sleep? General Dog Discussions
    • ok, first of all I would like to reassure you that the shaking in the sleep is very normal.. I have never seen a dog that has never done this before.. I have hand fed puppies before and have seen tons of litters of puppies and directly dealt with them and helped out.. they are very easy to care for. something about the shaking can possibly be a dream, normal rocking just like humans and especially babies do, or it could be the temperature. My 4 year old dog has always shaken in her sleep.. but she does it the most when shes cold so we put her bed next to a safe heater to keep her warm and she'll wake up and lean her head right over it for hours on time.. they love the heat especially for puppies and short haired dogs.... puppies should start walking around or at least wobbling by 3 or 4 weeks... they won't fully be able to walk until about a month and 2 weeks.. they have to learn how to use their legs and b/c they sleep most of their day away it takes them a while to learn how to walk.. some puppies are slower than others though.. if she does not start walking by 2 months then you should take her to a vet for a check up.. good luck.. if you need more help just message me.