What should I do? I had my kitty on Revolution for fleas 5-15 pnd dose,but she has gained a few pounds. NOW?

one vet tells me that I need to graduate to the puppy Revolution,while another vet says that I need the kitty 5-15 dose plus an extra kitten dose. This can be expensive,so which vet is correct?I just moved from NM to WV where they tell me fleas are…

What should I do? I had my kitty on Revolution for fleas 5-15 pnd dose,but she has gained a few pounds. NOW?

one vet tells me that I need to graduate to the puppy Revolution,while another vet says that I need the kitty 5-15 dose plus an extra kitten dose. This can be expensive,so which vet is correct?I just moved from NM to WV where they tell me fleas are…...
    General Dog Discussions : What should I do? I had my kitty on Revolution for fleas 5-15 pnd dose,but she has gained a few pounds. NOW?...

• What should I do? I had my kitty on Revolution for fleas 5-15 pnd dose,but she has gained a few pounds. NOW?

What should I do? I had my kitty on Revolution for fleas 5-15 pnd dose,but she has gained a few pounds. NOW? General Dog Discussions
      one vet tells me that I need to graduate to the puppy Revolution,while another vet says that I need the kitty 5-15 dose plus an extra kitten dose. This can be expensive,so which vet is correct?I just moved from NM to WV where they tell me fleas are aplenty in the summer. I want to head off fleas before they become a problem.

What should I do? I had my kitty on Revolution for fleas 5-15 pnd dose,but she has gained a few pounds. NOW? General Dog Discussions
    • As long as your cat doesnt get fleas, why risk upping the dose and poisoning him, and spending a lot of money? If he isnt getting fleas, dont bother and keep the same dose

• Revolution isn't the best flea preventative, and it's expensive because it is also heartworm preventative and parasiticide, takes care of ear mites and a million other things. You might want to look into advantage multi or a frontline/heartgard combo, which can be cheaper.Fleas are annoying, but heartworm is lethal - so whatever you do, you need to make sure your cat is getting enough heartworm preventative for her weight. However, it is spread by mosquitos, so if it is 30 degrees outside during the day, you can probably relax. Just remember that it only takes one mosquito bite!But if your cat is more than 15 lbs, you've got more pressing problems, like the potential for heart disease! Start measuring her food out according to the feeding guide on your bag of food (on science diet adult cats need only 1/2 cup a day, so it might surprise you how little she needs!) to save youself the expense of upping her flea meds and possibly much more costly vet bills in the future.