What is the best way to settle a male dog down?

He has not been nutered and not sprayed,im preety sure he is up to date with his shots.What to do to settle him down?

He has not been nutered and not sprayed,im preety sure he is up to date with his shots.What to do to settle him down?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best way to settle a male dog down?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best way to settle a male dog down?

What is the best way to settle a male dog down? General Dog Discussions
      He has not been nutered and not sprayed,im preety sure he is up to date with his shots.What to do to settle him down?

What is the best way to settle a male dog down? General Dog Discussions
    • Throw cold water on him, run around the house in your underpants until he falls asleep, tired. The next morning, he will be calmed down..if the excitement didn't kill him, that is. :]Nah, I'm joking. But maybe you could let him watch television or something similar.

• I have a male all american pitt bull he is a year old and very hyper taking him on long walks or evan a run around the block settles him down hes usually ready to go to sleep when I am and when people come over I take him for a walk ahead of time and hes usually to tired to jump on people.

• get him fixed, my dog was so hyper when we got him and then we got him fixed and he settled down. It only costs about $45 to get him fixed. We also take him for walks every day to get plenty of excersise otherwise he's chasing the cats around the house. We also bought him chew toys that keep him busy.

• Step one: Neuter. This will not change his energy level or his personality, but it will reduce his urge to roam, his anxiety and stress, urine marking, and will have long term health benefits like reduced risks of prostate enlargement.Step two: Look at what you're feeding him. If he's an indoor, non-working dog, he does not need a high energy food. Make sure he's being fed an appropriate diet for his age and activity level.Step three: provide exercise. Wear him out! Take him for walks around the neighborhood, throw balls or frisbees in the backyard, play tug of war... whatever he enjoys. Just give him something to do with all his energy.Step four: provide lots of toys so he can entertain himself when you're not available. Kong toys are a great choice because they can be stuffed with treats, canned food, or peanut butter which can keep them occupied for hours. Step five: love your dog. :)