Do you think fixing a dog is Right?

Do ya'll think making a dog not be able to make puppies is wrong.I find it totally stupid.Cutting a males private part or giving surgery to a female is not right. What do you think?but isn't it easier just to keep a male and a female dog away from each…

Do you think fixing a dog is Right?

Do ya'll think making a dog not be able to make puppies is wrong.I find it totally stupid.Cutting a males private part or giving surgery to a female is not right. What do you think?but isn't it easier just to keep a male and a female dog away from each…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do you think fixing a dog is Right?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unless you have champion show dogs, there's no reason to keep an intact dog. The health risks for certain cancers is dropped to zero when they are fixed and I really don't see any upside to leaving them intact.

• 15 million animals are euthanized at shelters every year in Canada and the US, it is not only responsible to spay and neuter, it is necessary. To answer your question: Can't you just keep them apart? I'll give you a female in heat and an unaltered male and you have fun keeping them apart. When a female is in heat, A) the male does everything in his power to get to her for the entire duration of her heat, this includes digging, yowling, crying, jumping, and anything else it can think of. B) the female in heat will do everything in her power to get to the male and mate, this includes everything I stated before, and escaping out the front door in the blink of an eye and finding a stray mutt to mate with. When animals are in heat, they don't care about anything, don't think about anything, accept mating. The thing is, dogs and cats don't think of gender they way humans do, when you spay/neuter you are taking something that they don't know they have in the first place and they never realize what is gone (especially not the female). When they are not fixed they spend the rest of their lives wound up with their frame of mind being a repetition of "I have to mate, I have to mate, I have to mate, I have to mate" It cause stress, anxiety, and aggressiveness. How would you feel if you were horny for 22 days straight and couldn't get ANY relief at all? Any any time you were horny for the rest of your life you could never get relief? Animals don't get relief when they have sex, they don't mate for pleasure, the only species that do that are humans and dolphins. Dogs and cats mate because its a biological, hormonal desire and neither gets any relief until the female gets pregnant and her heat cycle stops.Unless you are a professional breeder who knows what they are doing, you can't just breed dogs, that is how aggressive, un-trainable dogs with lots of birth defects are born. Why do you think so many dogs are attacking and killing people today? Because of poor breeding and because pet owners are NOT spaying and neutering. Animals that are spayed and neutered, are way less likely to get, mammary cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cysts, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and other.Think about this, lots of human women get hysterectomies (that's what spaying is) and if you asked them they'd say they were more relaxed. Yes I know they have the choice, as to males who get vasectomies, but Cat's and Dog's don't have the cognitive ability needed to make that decision. The world is over populated with millions of stray animals, because people don't alter their pets, shelters are all at capacity and millions are killed every year and F.Y.I , they are not all killed humanely with a needle, millions are euthanized using a gas chamber (which takes 20 minutes and is much more painful, because it is way more affordable and because too many pets (literally 15 million or more) are euthanized every year. If we leave it up to the pets, they will over run the world. We are responsible for their needs and well being, which means, we are responsible for not allowing our pets to reproduce, (humans take birth control to stop ourselves reproducing) and we fix our pets to stop them. They are actually, usually calmer and more relaxed after the surgery, as their incessant desire to mate is gone and they can actually focus on being a happy, healthy, spoiled pet. And the poster that said we will run out of pets is insane, there will always be a desire for pets, so breeders will always breed.Should responsible owners spay and neuter their pets? Visit some shelters, do some ACTUAL research and you tell me?

• I think dogs that are not meant for the show ring or are quality dogs for breeding should be fixed. There are so many dogs out there and over population is a big problem. There are too many stray dogs and pet dogs that accidentally get pregnant. You can try to avoid other dogs, but you never know if you let your dog out in the back yard if another dog might just find your dog. Getting a dog fixed is not that big a deal. I used to work in a vet and the males have it easiest as far as surgery. I can honestly say I wouldn't want to have to deal with the male tendencies or a female in heat year after year. Just think about all the animals in shelters that are brought in because a female was not fixed and became pregnant. That is how I got my dog. She is a mixed breed that we rescued from a shelter and I feel much better knowing that I helped a dog in need that resulted from this type of situation. All and all I say spay or neuter your dogs unless you are qualified to raise a litter of puppies, know the pups have good blood lines, and are willing to give them proper care.