Do you think fixing a dog is Right?

Do ya'll think making a dog not be able to make puppies is wrong.I find it totally stupid.Cutting a males private part or giving surgery to a female is not right. What do you think?but isn't it easier just to keep a male and a female dog away from each…

Do ya'll think making a dog not be able to make puppies is wrong.I find it totally stupid.Cutting a males private part or giving surgery to a female is not right. What do you think?but isn't it easier just to keep a male and a female dog away from each…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do you think fixing a dog is Right?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do you think fixing a dog is Right?

Do you think fixing a dog is Right? General Dog Discussions
      Do ya'll think making a dog not be able to make puppies is wrong.I find it totally stupid.Cutting a males private part or giving surgery to a female is not right. What do you think?but isn't it easier just to keep a male and a female dog away from each otherbut you guys also right about dogs dieing that is 100% true.

Do you think fixing a dog is Right? General Dog Discussions
    • I think it's totally irresponsible not to fix your pets. The pet overpopulation is so great that thousands of dogs are destroyed every day because there is no one to care for them. Why add to the suffering?

• I think it is completely irresponsible for a person not intending to show a purebred dog or to have puppies to better the breed to have intact pets. Not only would they be contributing to the pet over-population crisis, but by not spaying or neutering them, their animal can get uterine or testicular cancer, respectively. I have no idea why any responsible owner would allow that to even be a possibility for their animal.

• The animal shelters are already full of dogs and cats who need homes.. i really dont think now is a time for pets to be reproducing. So I think it is for the better good to have pets neutered and spayed.

• I've always mocked the idea that we "fix" our dogs -- don't we actually break them? They were working normally and then we made them not work, I thought that was the definition of breaking.I am personally divided on this. I think there are advantages to neutering an animal -- they are more likely to stay close to home comes to mind. On the other hand, if everyone neutered their animals we would soon have no pets. So, like I said, I'm divided.

• I think it depends on the owner if the owner can take full responsibility for the dog and puppies and can find good homes for the puppies and be able to afford the medical bills then they shouldnt have to get their dog fixed, but there is a age where its best if you have them fixed because if they get too old they can get cancer and tumors. Humans get fixed all the time and they are responsible for themselves when you have a pet you are responsible for it so if you cant make sure they are safe then there is no point in having one or a litter!Its not easy keeping male and female away when the female is in heat there are accidents males will jump fences females will too! to get to each other they will go out of their way to get to each other!Animal shelters are full just like orphanages are full there are people out there that should be fixed with all the child abuse and neglect.

• I think that altering an animal should be the *only* option for irresponsible pet owners/the general public because:1). There are too many unwanted animals and irresponsible owners just contribute to that.2). Unaltered animals are a LOT more likely to wander/roam/get out of fences, etc...and cause problems in the neighbourhood.3). Unaltered animals are generally more aggressive.4). Unaltered animals have a much higher chance of cancers and other diseases associated with the reproductive tract.

• I think you are living in the dark ages my friend. Very few people are responsible enough or diligent enough to have an intact dog and not have it reproduce at some point. When there is birth control pills for males and females, I may change my mind.

• You need to have your pets fixed (spayed/neutered). It's better for the health of your dogs. It decreases aggression in males and their desire to roam. In females, it prevents them from going into heat and having an unwanted litter. It also prevents breast cancer and pyro (infection of the uterus)The only reason not to fix your dogs is if your showing them in the breed ring. If your not, then its totally irresponsible to keep them intact.

• I think that if there is no reason for him/her to breed, then have them spayed/neutered. This ' taking freedom' junk is just silly. Everything we do with/for pets is taking 'freedom'. They aren't little people. The breed based on instinct,,,,not thought process or love. They aren't responsible for their lack of decision making ability, so humans have to be. We put collars on them to identify,,,we confine to keep them safe,,,we go to vets for shots to keep them healthy,,, we determine when they eat/drink and so on. Humans do all of this because they do not have the ability to do what is 'best' for them without our help. They go by instinct, and sometimes that instinct and drive can get them injured or killed. If they want to chew on an electric cord we stop them for their own safety. When they want to run across the street, dig out of a fence, escape the house etc to mate, we get them fixed for their own safety. This is what I think. I also think that it should be each owners choice, and never be the law or rule.I'm not anti-breeding fanatic. I happen to breed dogs myself, but my pets are all fixed. It's my choice to fix or not fix as I see fit for my dogs. It should be your choice too.

• If you are not going to breed your dog, it is highly recommended to have them spayed or neutered. The reason being that if you do not, they are at increased risk of testicular cancer, uterine cancer or cancer of the mammary glands, also prostate cancer. You are doing your dog an injustice if you dont do it.

• i had that done to my 8 month back in the fall there is definetely a change this is just an opinion it could be the breed of the dogor whatever i would keep him from the female

• This message is to "love training" and you.Dogs need to be spayed and neutered to stop the overpopulation - thus the deaths of many unwanted dogs. There is no shortage of dogs. Every time a kennel at the shelter is full, dogs die. There are not enough homes soPLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!