What are the steps to getting a puppy shipped through air?

So my aunt's Siberian Husky is pregnant and giving birth to pure bred Siberian Huskies. It has been my dream to have one so she said she'd let me have one for free. Problem is, she lives in Puerto Rico and I live in Florida. What are the steps to getting…

So my aunt's Siberian Husky is pregnant and giving birth to pure bred Siberian Huskies. It has been my dream to have one so she said she'd let me have one for free. Problem is, she lives in Puerto Rico and I live in Florida. What are the steps to getting…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the steps to getting a puppy shipped through air?...

• What are the steps to getting a puppy shipped through air?

What are the steps to getting a puppy shipped through air? General Dog Discussions
      So my aunt's Siberian Husky is pregnant and giving birth to pure bred Siberian Huskies. It has been my dream to have one so she said she'd let me have one for free. Problem is, she lives in Puerto Rico and I live in Florida. What are the steps to getting it shipped and what does the puppy need? Keep in mind the puppy won't have papers or vaccines when he is born so I need steps regarding that too. Please and thank you! :) You're awesome.

What are the steps to getting a puppy shipped through air? General Dog Discussions
    • It's not exactly cheap to ship. Most of mine come over from Germany or Italy. You're going to need current shots and a Vet check and signed certificate and an airline aprroved crate. Make sure you have a package of food and a bottle of water and dishes, so it can be feed and watered on layover. The puppy has to be at least 8 weeks old. If you were talking about registration papers, those are for you, they don't need those to ship. Go to the Delta Airlines website and there's a list of things you need to do. You can also call them. Don't worry if you have another question after a call. Call them back. They'd rather have you be prepared, than to wait until you get there and find you can't ship. My son would be so excited if he was getting a Husky. He loves them, but he's not a really active kid for a teen and they need lots of excersize and training. Don't think he would kee it up. LOLHope everything goes smooth with your transport. It's actually pretty simple.OH and make sure whatever you do, that there are NO long layovers. And this time of year, they sometimes have time periods where they don't ship, since the dogs go into the cargo area and it can get pretty hot, so heat and cold can stop a shipment until the weather is better.