Is it normal, right after my dog has Cherry eye surgery, for it to be swollen and pussy?

I have a 13 week old Chihuahua puppy. She just had Cherry Eye surgery yesterday. It was swollen and pussy when we got her home last night, and still is the next morning. Is this normal? She got fixed at the same time, i was thinking that might have…

Is it normal, right after my dog has Cherry eye surgery, for it to be swollen and pussy?

I have a 13 week old Chihuahua puppy. She just had Cherry Eye surgery yesterday. It was swollen and pussy when we got her home last night, and still is the next morning. Is this normal? She got fixed at the same time, i was thinking that might have…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal, right after my dog has Cherry eye surgery, for it to be swollen and pussy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it normal, right after my dog has Cherry eye surgery, for it to be swollen and pussy?

Is it normal, right after my dog has Cherry eye surgery, for it to be swollen and pussy? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 13 week old Chihuahua puppy. She just had Cherry Eye surgery yesterday. It was swollen and pussy when we got her home last night, and still is the next morning. Is this normal? She got fixed at the same time, i was thinking that might have something to do with it. Should I call the Vet, or just wait it out (giving it some time to heal?) Please Help!I am a concerned new mother.

Is it normal, right after my dog has Cherry eye surgery, for it to be swollen and pussy? General Dog Discussions
    • You should have gotten an instruction sheet from your vet on aftercare...any concerns call the vet who did the surgery. I have never had a pup with cherry eye...only adults and there was not much swelling.Best Wishes for you little one:)

• The only person to ask about this is the vet who did the surgeries. Poor baby - she's had a heck of a set-back. Why spay at only 13 weeks I wonder? I know some vets will do this, but for me, this is too much to expect a puppy this young to be put through. Both (eye and spay surgeries) should improve with time, but if you are concerned, call the vet.