what are some of the ways to alleviate dog eczema ?

My three month old puppie's atopic dermatitis lookish pinkish/red, especially on it's paws. It licks it's irritated looking paws very often. Should I use a anti-itching spray to soothe the pain. I already went to the vet and he suggest we wait to…

My three month old puppie's atopic dermatitis lookish pinkish/red, especially on it's paws. It licks it's irritated looking paws very often. Should I use a anti-itching spray to soothe the pain. I already went to the vet and he suggest we wait to…...
    General Dog Discussions : what are some of the ways to alleviate dog eczema ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what are some of the ways to alleviate dog eczema ?

what are some of the ways to alleviate dog eczema ? General Dog Discussions
      My three month old puppie's atopic dermatitis lookish pinkish/red, especially on it's paws. It licks it's irritated looking paws very often. Should I use a anti-itching spray to soothe the pain. I already went to the vet and he suggest we wait to diagnose the cause of this allergic reaction before treating it further. He did receive a shot of benadryl like substance though. I still want to know what I ma do to alleviate my puppies pain.

what are some of the ways to alleviate dog eczema ? General Dog Discussions
    • bennadryl for kids maybe when bathing her use a moisturising shampoo or johnsons baby shampoo, its gentile, I used to use it on my ferret because she had very sensitive skin, good luck

• bathe your dog in an oatmeal shampoo if you don't have any them try washing your dog in babyshampoo and then using oatmeal in knee high stocking soak the knee high in some hot water until water is nice and milky then pour on your dog when warm and leave on for 5-10 minutes then rince well, this should help soothe his skin temporarily or you can use head and shoulders shampoo leave on 5-10 minutes and rinse well.

• Discuss it with the vet that is treating your dog.Allergies cause warm moist skin which needs to be kept clean & dry. Using sprays, creams, baths etc only add more moisture which you usually want to avoid. The vet will have the best ideas since they are people actually seeing & treating the dog.

• Hello there. I suggest that you should try cream/spray combo for eczema from Champori.com . I tried it for my Lab 3 month ago and it worked like a miracle. Champori is available online without prescription and comes with the money back guarantee, so if it doesn't work for your pippy- it's free.Cheers,Miko

• Apply an antibacterial ointment. Continue applying medicine twice a day, or as your vet directed, until it heals. It usually takes no more than a week or two for the sores to shrink, and the hair grows back in another week or so after that. Here's more info:http://lnk.nu/dogtime.com/yo0.html