Im thinking of having my puppy/dog castrated soon and was just wondering what sort of prices are like?

He's a 7 month old chihuahua so isn't that big and doesn't weigh much.. anybody had a similar size dog done? or any idea's on how much it costs? Also what are the benefits of having dogs castrated, obviously other than them being unable to breed. Like…

Im thinking of having my puppy/dog castrated soon and was just wondering what sort of prices are like?

He's a 7 month old chihuahua so isn't that big and doesn't weigh much.. anybody had a similar size dog done? or any idea's on how much it costs? Also what are the benefits of having dogs castrated, obviously other than them being unable to breed. Like…...
    General Dog Discussions : Im thinking of having my puppy/dog castrated soon and was just wondering what sort of prices are like?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Im thinking of having my puppy/dog castrated soon and was just wondering what sort of prices are like?

Im thinking of having my puppy/dog castrated soon and was just wondering what sort of prices are like? General Dog Discussions
      He's a 7 month old chihuahua so isn't that big and doesn't weigh much.. anybody had a similar size dog done? or any idea's on how much it costs? Also what are the benefits of having dogs castrated, obviously other than them being unable to breed. Like behavior changes etc? Thanks.

Im thinking of having my puppy/dog castrated soon and was just wondering what sort of prices are like? General Dog Discussions
    • you mean getting him fixed? that is a good idea. it helps with stopping them from marking their territory, helps with no humping. and the world really does not need any more litters of puppies. pet over population is a big problem.

• The number one benefit, even before temperment, is lowering the risk of prostate cancer. There are a lot of different programs that you may be elligable for in your area for neutering. I would check into your local SPCA shelter first. From there I would speak to your vet directly and then finally there is a program called SNAP (spay neuter all pets). Good luck.

• Only behavior change will be that he won't want to fight other males for females, won't be going nuts and trying to run off every time he smells a female in season (and the smell carries for miles), won't be as likely to lift his leg and mark indoors.As to cost, depends on the vet - call around - varies greatly, but usually about 100.- to 150.-If money is an issue, look for a low cost spay/neuter clinic - here it is Petluv, they do vaccinating and spay/neuter at under 75.-

• Do you mean neutered? We would have NO idea what your vet charges. Why don't you call them and find out? Benefits of NEUTERING, just to name a few:No risk of testicular and other cancers.No accidental breedings adding to the already over population of dogs.Less chance of marking.Of course LOTS of people have had this size dog neutered.

• great idea to get him neutered!! Our dog goes in on thursday to be done! Neutering helps keep a dog from wanting to spray and mark territory. He lowers the change of getting cancer, and I've heard it kind of mellows a dog out a little big but i'm not sure about that.

• If you go with a chain like Banfield vet clinic that is at Petsmart you can enroll your puppy in a "Optimum plan" I enrolled my puppy at 12wks and you have the choice of neutering/spaying plan or non-neutering/spaying plan if you want to breed your pet. I only paid like 99. to enroll and monthly payments of 21. draft payments for a year for the neutering/spaying plan which is included in the package and all vaccines and visits are included and I pay 0. when I take her in for visits and vaccines and if any medicines are necessary you get them at a discount. Its 19. for the non-neu/spa. plan. I am so glad for this, Its expensive at the vets. The nice thing about Banfield is the hours M-Sun and they stay late. The info is in the computer system and If I travel they can access her records anywhere in the US. I'm glad I found them, the vets are expensive, with no insurance.