6 month old red nose Pitbull skin flaking and excessive hair loss?

I have a male 6 month old red nose Pitbull. VERY healthy! I feed him Taste Of The Wild puppy food and give him his daily vitamins. I took him to the vet I would say 2 weeks ago for his rabies and evaluation. The vet said he's a very healthy boy. About 3…

I have a male 6 month old red nose Pitbull. VERY healthy! I feed him Taste Of The Wild puppy food and give him his daily vitamins. I took him to the vet I would say 2 weeks ago for his rabies and evaluation. The vet said he's a very healthy boy. About 3…...
    General Dog Discussions : 6 month old red nose Pitbull skin flaking and excessive hair loss?...

• 6 month old red nose Pitbull skin flaking and excessive hair loss?

6 month old red nose Pitbull skin flaking and excessive hair loss? General Dog Discussions
      I have a male 6 month old red nose Pitbull. VERY healthy! I feed him Taste Of The Wild puppy food and give him his daily vitamins. I took him to the vet I would say 2 weeks ago for his rabies and evaluation. The vet said he's a very healthy boy. About 3 days ago I noticed a couple bumps and a dark spot on his back, I remember the vet telling me Pitbulls have very sensitive skin. But I'm getting worried now cause under the dark spot is flaky skin and he's shedding a great amount. Definitely not the normal shedding. He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort or I haven't noticed him scratching to much. Please if you can give me any advice! Thanks in advance :)

6 month old red nose Pitbull skin flaking and excessive hair loss? General Dog Discussions
    • It sounds like worst case scenario is he has scabies .. a lot of people mistake this for eczema or psoriasis and it is not .. before you treat him for sensitive skin bring him to a vet .. I took in a dog and six puppies once .. and the mother wasn't itching or anything she just appeared to have a skin condition and thin from being out on her own .. and sure enough she had scabies .. and was easily cured :)