My puppy pooped a white flat worm?

My new puppy pooped a white flat worm. She has been sleeping with my son in his bed, should I be worried.

My new puppy pooped a white flat worm. She has been sleeping with my son in his bed, should I be worried....
    General Dog Discussions : My puppy pooped a white flat worm?...

• My puppy pooped a white flat worm?

My puppy pooped a white flat worm? General Dog Discussions
      My new puppy pooped a white flat worm. She has been sleeping with my son in his bed, should I be worried.

My puppy pooped a white flat worm? General Dog Discussions
    • There are different kinds of worms that dogs can get and if a female dog has worms when she is pregnant,she can pass those worms onto her unborn puppies.There are some over the counter medications that are available but some of them can be too harsh for your dog and I have heard of instances where a dog has died because of harsh medicine.I doubt that you would have to have your dog put to sleep,medication for this problem is pretty inexpensive.Cut some of your expense by taking a worm infested stool sample with you to the vet. . . then they don't have to do the blood test to determine what kind of worm the dog has.(It is the blood tests that they do that tends to bump up the price of the vet visit.)This is something you need to do soon because a dog can be eating and drinking and can appear to be OK but all the while the dog does not gain weight as the worms are taking the nutrients from the dog and if your dog is 11yrs old she has enough going on with her aging process and doesn't need this troubling problem of worms.You will be surprised,get those worms cleared up and you may notice a happier,friskier,shinier dog.