How much weight are puppies supposed to gain within the first couple of days?

My puppies are 5 days old and they weighed 1 pound when they were born. Now some are still only 1.4-1.6. I'm really worried. So far, only 1 is 2 pounds. The mother has been feeding them every 2 hours, sometimes even more. But they still wont gain much…

My puppies are 5 days old and they weighed 1 pound when they were born. Now some are still only 1.4-1.6. I'm really worried. So far, only 1 is 2 pounds. The mother has been feeding them every 2 hours, sometimes even more. But they still wont gain much…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much weight are puppies supposed to gain within the first couple of days?...

• How much weight are puppies supposed to gain within the first couple of days?

How much weight are puppies supposed to gain within the first couple of days? General Dog Discussions
      My puppies are 5 days old and they weighed 1 pound when they were born. Now some are still only 1.4-1.6. I'm really worried. So far, only 1 is 2 pounds. The mother has been feeding them every 2 hours, sometimes even more. But they still wont gain much weight. I would take them to the vet but I can't do that because I'm only 14. I've tried to get my dad to take them but he's really stubborn and says they're fine....

How much weight are puppies supposed to gain within the first couple of days? General Dog Discussions
    • It depends on the breed. This is what an English Mastiff puppy is like. Some in the litter took longer to reach two pounds.11/28/2009 1.7.411/30/2009 1.13.612/1/2009 1.15.412/2/2009 2.1.212/4/2009 2.5.212/5/2009 2.7.0