What Does it mean when my dog bleeds out of his penis?

Does he have like an infection or something? We dont feed him bones or anything like that. basically his diet consist of table scraps and Alpo canned food. he is 9 years old, dauschound dog. any ideas of what to do

Does he have like an infection or something? We dont feed him bones or anything like that. basically his diet consist of table scraps and Alpo canned food. he is 9 years old, dauschound dog. any ideas of what to do...
    General Dog Discussions : What Does it mean when my dog bleeds out of his penis?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What Does it mean when my dog bleeds out of his penis?

What Does it mean when my dog bleeds out of his penis? General Dog Discussions
      Does he have like an infection or something? We dont feed him bones or anything like that. basically his diet consist of table scraps and Alpo canned food. he is 9 years old, dauschound dog. any ideas of what to do

What Does it mean when my dog bleeds out of his penis? General Dog Discussions
    • First of all, please stop feeding your dog table scraps, especially anything with pork, onions, broccili, asparagus, or corn. These are all VERY bad for the canine species. From the symptoms you stated, it sounds like either a urinary tract infection, a bladder infection, or even a kidney infection. This dog needs to see a vet ASAP. Kidney infections can turn septic in dogs, which can be lethal. I recommend taking him in tonight if possible. Make sure your dog has lots of water frequently until he can be seen. Also, take him out as frequently as posssible. Keep the water moving through his system. Good luck!

• Yes it could be a bladder infection, if your dog isn't neutered it could be an enlarged prostate, or bladder stones or kidney stones. While your @ the vet tell him that you are feeding Alpo, he can probably recommend a better diet too.

• My dog is a 9 year old lab/Shepperd female just had the same problem with her. She had to pee a lot and had blood every time she did pee. She had stones in her bladder it is very common in dogs. Humans do not get stones in their bladders . My dog had to go on a special diet. Dog food that cast $70. a bag and also had to have a operation to remove the stone. Don't worry the operation only cast about $2000.00

• It is probably his prostate. When you take him to the vet, if he suggests major surgery please consider it long and hard first. I hate to see dogs suffer and then die suffering more from the treatment than the disease. You might try buying Saw Palmetto capsules and sprinkle the contents over his food. It wouldn't actually help prostate cancer, but it is the treatment of choice in Europe for swelling in the area.It could also be his kidneys or bladder, but whatever the vet diagnoses, please consider the pain of the treatment verses the life expectancy of the dog.Has he always eaten alpo? It might be the contaminated food too. It causes these symptoms with kidneys. And if your dog is already nine, feed him anything you want to table scraps and all. Just keep him happy for as long as you have him. He is nearing the end of his life expectancy, so don't worry about hurting him by keeping him happy and well fed.

• He probably has a bladder infection or bladder stones. If he is not neutered he may have a prostate problem as well. I just saw a 9 year old golden ret. today with the same problem, and he has prostate cancer. Please take your dog to the vet- what would you do if you were bleeding from your penis? It is probably extremely uncomfortable. The only way to know is to get him checked out ASAP. Hope you get it taken care of quickly and he feels better soon. Good luck.