How much does neutering cost for a dog?

My dog is 9 years old, and we just learned he has an enlarged prostate, so this is a priority.I am in New York (Long Island) and want to find a great vet bc of his age, etc. I am worried, he is my baby...

My dog is 9 years old, and we just learned he has an enlarged prostate, so this is a priority.I am in New York (Long Island) and want to find a great vet bc of his age, etc. I am worried, he is my baby......
    General Dog Discussions : How much does neutering cost for a dog?...

• How much does neutering cost for a dog?

How much does neutering cost for a dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 9 years old, and we just learned he has an enlarged prostate, so this is a priority.I am in New York (Long Island) and want to find a great vet bc of his age, etc. I am worried, he is my baby...

How much does neutering cost for a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • call around, you may even be able to get a vet ot give you a special price. Look in the yellow pages , often they have coupons for the vets. Call the SPCA, you'll get a good price there...It's been awhile but I beleive it is between 50 and 75$

• If you shop around and get a good deal, you're looking under two hundred dollars. I recommend calling your local humane society. They requre that all dogs/cats that they receive be neutered before being adopted. So, they would know exactly whom would be cheapest.

• In my city, I recently had one neutered for 30.00. But I am sure that in different areas, the cost fluctuates. You might check with your local animal volunteer groups and perhaps they could give you a voucher to help with the cost. Many of these organizations receive funding for help in spaying and neutering.

• Depends on the state. I know I lived in Hawaii and they did that with the state and it was cheap I think I paid 20 $ in 1986But I live in GA now and I think it was about 101 $. Going by the lbs too. call a few vets and get the best price.