I got a retired English Bulldog and she has some spots of hair missing looks like has been in a fight?

or in a pen not really taken good care of her hair is dull and dirty looking even after a long bath.She was a breeding dog and just had a litter of pups about 11 weeks ago I just got her yesterday and want to get her looking and feeling better. what can…

I got a retired English Bulldog and she has some spots of hair missing looks like has been in a fight?

or in a pen not really taken good care of her hair is dull and dirty looking even after a long bath.She was a breeding dog and just had a litter of pups about 11 weeks ago I just got her yesterday and want to get her looking and feeling better. what can…...
    General Dog Discussions : I got a retired English Bulldog and she has some spots of hair missing looks like has been in a fight?...

• I got a retired English Bulldog and she has some spots of hair missing looks like has been in a fight?

I got a retired English Bulldog and she has some spots of hair missing looks like has been in a fight? General Dog Discussions
      or in a pen not really taken good care of her hair is dull and dirty looking even after a long bath.She was a breeding dog and just had a litter of pups about 11 weeks ago I just got her yesterday and want to get her looking and feeling better. what can I do to help those spots and shine her coat up to where she looks and smells better and is healthy again? Thanks

I got a retired English Bulldog and she has some spots of hair missing looks like has been in a fight? General Dog Discussions
    • If she was from a puppy mill/backyard breeder, then the chances are pretty high that she's been through a lot. Get her to the vet to make sure that there isnt' something systemic going on with her. Once she's gotten a clean bill of health, switch to a ultra high quality dog food. Canidae, Timberwolk, Pinnacle, Natural BALANCE, AvoDerm, Blue Buffalo, and California Natural are all expamples. Nutro, Science Diet, Eukanuba, Purina, Iams, etc are all examples of foods you don't want to feed. You can try some egg yolks for a few weeks and see if that helps. BUt once she's on the higher quality food, supplementation shouldn't be needed. GL!