How Can I Ensure Puppy Stays Healthy After Flight?

I have a new puppy that will be coming to me on an airline flight. Since she will not be fed beforehand, I'd like some ideas of what to do when I get her off the plane. The trip is from Iowa to Texas.

I have a new puppy that will be coming to me on an airline flight. Since she will not be fed beforehand, I'd like some ideas of what to do when I get her off the plane. The trip is from Iowa to Texas. ...
    General Dog Discussions : How Can I Ensure Puppy Stays Healthy After Flight?...

• How Can I Ensure Puppy Stays Healthy After Flight?

How Can I Ensure Puppy Stays Healthy After Flight? General Dog Discussions
      I have a new puppy that will be coming to me on an airline flight. Since she will not be fed beforehand, I'd like some ideas of what to do when I get her off the plane. The trip is from Iowa to Texas.

How Can I Ensure Puppy Stays Healthy After Flight? General Dog Discussions
    • Is the breeder sending a little bit of food with her? If not, do you know what kind of food he/she feeds and can you get it in your area?? If it is not the best quality of food, I suggest purchasing a small bag so you can wean them onto a better brand. Be sure to take a collar and lead. Your little one will have to go potty right away. Also, even though not fed before hand, there may be a mess in the crate, puppy got sick, did not do a bm the night before, that kind of thing. Take something along to clean out the crate and clean up your puppy. I had 3 fly to me, trust me, you want to take cleaning supplies. Take some of that food along, because your little one will most likely be hungry when you get her. Feed her a little, enough to take the bite of the hunger, especially if you have a long drive ahead of you. Also, take some water, so she can have a drink. She will be thirsty. But, don't let her gulp it down. Make her drink slow, a little at a time. Your puppy will be fine. But, be sure to take her to the vet shortly after getting her. She will have had a health check in order to be able to make the flight to you, but for your own peace of mind, make an appointment at your vet. Good luck with your new little one.