How Soon After Giving My Diabetic Dog Syrup, Should He Perk Up?

My diabetic dog has been tired and wouldn't eat so we called the vet and she advised to give him some syrup. He's still pretty lethargic, and he's had his insulin.thanks!

My diabetic dog has been tired and wouldn't eat so we called the vet and she advised to give him some syrup. He's still pretty lethargic, and he's had his insulin.thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : How Soon After Giving My Diabetic Dog Syrup, Should He Perk Up?...

• How Soon After Giving My Diabetic Dog Syrup, Should He Perk Up?

How Soon After Giving My Diabetic Dog Syrup, Should He Perk Up? General Dog Discussions
      My diabetic dog has been tired and wouldn't eat so we called the vet and she advised to give him some syrup. He's still pretty lethargic, and he's had his insulin.thanks!

How Soon After Giving My Diabetic Dog Syrup, Should He Perk Up? General Dog Discussions
    • He should perk up within 5-15 minutes. If he doesn't perk up, gets weaker, or starts going into convulsions, call your vet right away. Do not give insulin to a dog unless he eats. This can cause a major drop in blood sugar which can be dangerous to the dog. You might want to have some canned food or meat baby food on hand so that you can give him something really yummy on those days that he doesn't want to eat. Also take him into the vet on Monday, if not sooner and have his glucose checked. His insulin may need to be adjusted.