Everybody knows you should not feed dogs chocolate but what ACTUALLY happens if you do, will it cause cancer?

I've allowed my Maltese to lick out the bottom of my ice cream bowl for 8 years now not realizing the minut amount of chocolate in the bowl may be killing her...........or not.

Everybody knows you should not feed dogs chocolate but what ACTUALLY happens if you do, will it cause cancer?

I've allowed my Maltese to lick out the bottom of my ice cream bowl for 8 years now not realizing the minut amount of chocolate in the bowl may be killing her...........or not....
    General Dog Discussions : Everybody knows you should not feed dogs chocolate but what ACTUALLY happens if you do, will it cause cancer?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It can cause the dog to have seizures. It can also make the dog sick. Then, they throw up and make a big mess. It is not fun to clean up.

• Theobromine in chocolate speeds up the dogs heart and can lead to death in extreme cases.Dark chocolate has more of this substance than milk chocolate. Most chocolate candy does not have a lot of actual chocolate, and dogs survive it, but the smaller the dog, the less it takes to really do damage - and possibly kill him.Don't take a chance, you have a small dog, don't give him anymore chocolate at all.