Tips for keeping a house clean and disinfected until i get my pup dewormed?

My 8 1/2 week old pup has roundworms, I noticed them on her poop yesterday. I'm taking her to the vet monday. Every now and then i see one around her rump, normally after she goes out to do her business and i'm nervous about the idea they might get on…

My 8 1/2 week old pup has roundworms, I noticed them on her poop yesterday. I'm taking her to the vet monday. Every now and then i see one around her rump, normally after she goes out to do her business and i'm nervous about the idea they might get on…...
    General Dog Discussions : Tips for keeping a house clean and disinfected until i get my pup dewormed?...

• Tips for keeping a house clean and disinfected until i get my pup dewormed?

Tips for keeping a house clean and disinfected until i get my pup dewormed? General Dog Discussions
      My 8 1/2 week old pup has roundworms, I noticed them on her poop yesterday. I'm taking her to the vet monday. Every now and then i see one around her rump, normally after she goes out to do her business and i'm nervous about the idea they might get on the couch, carpet, etc. What would be the best way to keep everything disinfected until she gets better? Thanks!

Tips for keeping a house clean and disinfected until i get my pup dewormed? General Dog Discussions
    • well try to confine her to a room with no carpet or furniture, just a old towel or her bed (if its washable) take her out every two hours or so and walk her dailywhen my pup had worms she was confined to the laundry room, because its tile, easy to keep clean and its small (she only weighs 3 pounds so its realtively big in comparason to her) and i cleaned it on a daily basis until i was 100% sure she did not have worms. I washed her bed daily too.hope it helps and i hope your pup gets better!

• Go to your closest pet store or supply shop(some chemist also stock dog wormers) & buy some worm tablets don't wait for Monday. I would do her now & again in 7 to 10 days time as if you've noticed the worms in her poo she will be totally infested with them.For the next few weeks until you know she's cleared the worm burden vacuum twice daily, wash her dinner plates separately & after every meal, mop more often & cover any areas she sleeps/sits with sheets that get changed daily.I'd get her an Advantage spot on as that will cover a whole heap of parasites & chances are if she's wormy she has other parasites also.