Dog ate chocolate - is this enough to take him to the vet?

I just caught my dog eating chocolate. He weighs 27 lbs. He ate two chocolate bars (42% chocolate, 3oz/85 gram each). Is this enough chocolate that I should take him into the vet?Speedy advice appreciated.ThanksThat's "42% cacao" on the label. It is…

I just caught my dog eating chocolate. He weighs 27 lbs. He ate two chocolate bars (42% chocolate, 3oz/85 gram each). Is this enough chocolate that I should take him into the vet?Speedy advice appreciated.ThanksThat's "42% cacao" on the label. It is…...
    General Dog Discussions : Dog ate chocolate - is this enough to take him to the vet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dog ate chocolate - is this enough to take him to the vet?

Dog ate chocolate - is this enough to take him to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      I just caught my dog eating chocolate. He weighs 27 lbs. He ate two chocolate bars (42% chocolate, 3oz/85 gram each). Is this enough chocolate that I should take him into the vet?Speedy advice appreciated.ThanksThat's "42% cacao" on the label. It is milk chocolate.

Dog ate chocolate - is this enough to take him to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • That is quite a bit of chocolate for a 27 pound dog,the only thing I can advice is to call a vet and see what they think.Actually you can induce vomiting by giving HP,but I do not recommend it until you consult with a vet first.Theres a video below on it by a veterinarian.

• I agree with the other poster. Call the vet and be sure to watch your dog carefully even if the vet says he's fine. Some dogs can eat anything. My friends Golden retriever ate a whole tray of brownies once and didn't bat an eye. You can never be too careful though.

• My aunts black lab puppy ate a whole box of Russell stover chocolate dictionary and mice poisen and the vet said to give the dog a cap full of peroxide and put outside it will vomit and have diareea but it worked might call a vet to help you better but it helped her

• stick your hand down his throat they have gag reflexes just like we do if that doesnt work research ways to induce vomiting in dogs once he gets it out of his system he will be fine

• give them hydrogen peroxide to get him to vomit and take him to the vet, make sure to take whatever remains there are of the wrappings so that they can have all the information they need to make an informed decision in case vomit induction is not enough.