What happens when you give dogs chocolate?

I gave my dog some...what will happen?

I gave my dog some...what will happen?...
    General Dog Discussions : What happens when you give dogs chocolate?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What happens when you give dogs chocolate?

What happens when you give dogs chocolate? General Dog Discussions
      I gave my dog some...what will happen?

What happens when you give dogs chocolate? General Dog Discussions
    • DOOOOOOONNNN'TTT! Depends on what mutt you r having. On smaller dogs it could lead to paralysis and straight to death, on bigger dogs it can cause rapid heart beat, panting, dehydration, confusion and prolonged consumption of chocolate will also lead to death. Chocolate is poison for dogs as it straight affect their neural system.

• It depends on how much you gave. If its just a little bit your dog should be fine. If its a lot it could probably make him pretty sick. Your dog will probably be fine tho. If he starts acting weird and you're worried you could always take him to the vet for a check up just to be sure. Haha but I wouldn't be too concerned. My dogs eaten some really weird things... Including glass... And was perfectly fine. :)

• I can only tell you what it did to my dog. I left a box of chocolate covered donuts on my counter when my new dog was 3 months old he was completely trained and very healthy.I went out to the evening and when I return to my home my dog had eaten the chocolate covered donuts and spray painted my living room with liquid chocolate dog poop. It was so bad that I moved from the place I was renting after i had a professional cleaning company come in and clean it thoroughly. My dog got very ill and had to completely redo training to teach it to go to the bathroom outside. It was so sick and pooped liquid for a month don't feed your dog chocolate.

• Don't give them any. They are poisonous for dogs. Some types of chocolate are deadly. Even if they want some more, that doesn't mean that they can handle that much