How do I get my 10 month old dog to stop pooping in his kennel?

I have a 10 month old Jack Russell Terrier that WILL NOT stop pooping in his kennel during the day. We only got him when he was 7 months old and he was abused and I don't think he had any sort of training what so ever! We only put him in his kennel…

I have a 10 month old Jack Russell Terrier that WILL NOT stop pooping in his kennel during the day. We only got him when he was 7 months old and he was abused and I don't think he had any sort of training what so ever! We only put him in his kennel…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my 10 month old dog to stop pooping in his kennel?...

• How do I get my 10 month old dog to stop pooping in his kennel?

How do I get my 10 month old dog to stop pooping in his kennel? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 10 month old Jack Russell Terrier that WILL NOT stop pooping in his kennel during the day. We only got him when he was 7 months old and he was abused and I don't think he had any sort of training what so ever! We only put him in his kennel during the week when we have to work. He does sleep with us at night. He is good for the most part. He doesn't mess in the house at all it's just the kennel thing. And when he does he is so full of energy all the time that he steps in it and it is just a huge mess at the end of the day. He also spills his food and water all over every day but I feel it is cruel to leave him with out and food or water all day? PLEASE I need help!

How do I get my 10 month old dog to stop pooping in his kennel? General Dog Discussions
    • make sure he gets more exercise and has the chance to eliminate before placing him in his crate. Also, read about crate training.> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=K4x&q=CRATE+TRAINING+&btnG=Search Dogs naturally do not like to poop or urinate in their living quarters, so a dog who potties in the crate needs you to help crate-train him properly ... and perhaps a trip to the vet to rule out medical problems that may underlie an inability to 'hold it' for a few hours. It is not healthy or kind to crate adult dogs for more than 5 to 6 hours a day. Take the time to properly train your dog so that he can be left alone in the house, in a pet-safe area instead of confined in a crate.I would consider doggy day care, as he is just in there too long.Dogs poop when they become stressed..it is their instnct to evacuate the bowels, so that they are ready to run if needed..Your pup is doing that in the crate when he gets stressed. Read some of those links on crate training, and see if you find the problem there..