Can you feed a dog chocolate, or is it bad for them?

Because My dog accidentally ate some the other day and I've heard different things about dogs and chocolate.

Because My dog accidentally ate some the other day and I've heard different things about dogs and chocolate....
    General Dog Discussions : Can you feed a dog chocolate, or is it bad for them?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can you feed a dog chocolate, or is it bad for them?

Can you feed a dog chocolate, or is it bad for them? General Dog Discussions
      Because My dog accidentally ate some the other day and I've heard different things about dogs and chocolate.

Can you feed a dog chocolate, or is it bad for them? General Dog Discussions
    • The only voices you should be listening to are the ones telling you chocolate is dangerous for your dog. The darker the chocolate, the more toxic it is. Small amounts can harm your dog, call or visit your vet NOW!

• it really depends on what kind of chocolate, how much and how big your dog is. Dark chocolate is worse than milk. It is the cocoa in it. If your dog is a large lab and ate say....one hershey kiss it should be fine, may be little diarrhea but fine. If it was a few days ago and your not seeing any diarrhea vomiting ect I would not be concerned. Offer plenty of water though.

• Yes it is bad for a dog to have chocolate it makes there heart beat faster than normal and they could have a heart attack but my dog has eatin chocolate before ( small amount) and he was fine... so unless it was a lot of chocolate dont be worried

• my dog ate a big chunk of chocolate cake and hes fine.some choclate is fine but humoungus amounts are bad and may cause disease or death.so be careful with the amounts of chocolate you give your dog.you could never be to careful.

• yes, chocolate is bad for dogs. don't feed it to them.. it is also called dog poison.if your dog is small and ate a small amount, it shouldn't hurt him. You would have already seen some issues. So he/she otta be okay. =]so don't feed youre dog chocolate! =)

• Hello, I am a vet with 2 dogs, anyway, Chocolate should not be fed to dogs.When you can't get rid of rats you have to give them rat poison right..?To dogs chocolate is like rat poison. One time won't be bad, but you should not continue giving them chocolate because it will get bad. It seems like you really care about your dog :)Hope i helped, pinktks

• Yes, chocolate can cause some attack on you pup's nervous system.To tell you the truth my dog ate chocolate when she was a puppy - and nothing happened.. (luckily) But it was 14 years ago when I had no idea about that!But please don't risk your doggy's health!

• Chocolate is a deadly poison for dogs. However, it depends on how much chocolate your dog comsumed. A small amout as large as a chocolate covered donut won`t harm a medium-sized to large dog. However, if your dog is a Terrier or Toy breed, consult a vet right away. This is just a precaution, but it is safer than just playing it by day. Same with medium sized to large dogswith a large amout of chocolate.

• my dog ate a whole tray of brownies one year and she was fine. she ate my valentines candy for 2 years in a row and was fine. she also at a solid chocolate egg from easter and was fine. i guess it all depends on ur dog

• chocolate is very bad for dogssome dogs are not affected as much by it but very small dogs usually have digestive tracks that are more sensative to certain foods and usually get sicker than bigger dogs but it is NOT a good idea to feed a dogs chocolate