Is it safe to feed my dog dried fruits?

I know feeding your dog chocolate, grapes, and avocados are bad, and even deadly. But I never heard anything about dried fruits. I feed my dog dried fruits whenever I eat them, and he really enjoys them as well. But is it safe for him to consume them?

I know feeding your dog chocolate, grapes, and avocados are bad, and even deadly. But I never heard anything about dried fruits. I feed my dog dried fruits whenever I eat them, and he really enjoys them as well. But is it safe for him to consume them?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it safe to feed my dog dried fruits?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it safe to feed my dog dried fruits?

Is it safe to feed my dog dried fruits? General Dog Discussions
      I know feeding your dog chocolate, grapes, and avocados are bad, and even deadly. But I never heard anything about dried fruits. I feed my dog dried fruits whenever I eat them, and he really enjoys them as well. But is it safe for him to consume them?

Is it safe to feed my dog dried fruits? General Dog Discussions
    • yes, but try to wash off the excess sugar off, not good for them. or possibly re-plump them, sometimes my dog doesnt like chewing them so she just swallows them and they end up whole out the other end. =(but yes, they are fine for your dog to eat.

• If the fruit is all - natural with no added chemicals or sugar, then I would think it would be healthy. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, it would clearly not be a very good idea. You always have to watch for harmful ingredients before you give your dog a new food item. If you give it to your dog often, you may be starting a new bad habit though, and allergies or health problems may occur.