How much chocolate does it take to kill a 20, 40, or 60 pound dog?

Specifically white chocolate and milk chocolate. I'm just wondering because my neighbor always feeds her dog chocolates and she's perfectly healthy. Thanks!

Specifically white chocolate and milk chocolate. I'm just wondering because my neighbor always feeds her dog chocolates and she's perfectly healthy. Thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : How much chocolate does it take to kill a 20, 40, or 60 pound dog?...

• How much chocolate does it take to kill a 20, 40, or 60 pound dog?

How much chocolate does it take to kill a 20, 40, or 60 pound dog? General Dog Discussions
      Specifically white chocolate and milk chocolate. I'm just wondering because my neighbor always feeds her dog chocolates and she's perfectly healthy. Thanks!

How much chocolate does it take to kill a 20, 40, or 60 pound dog? General Dog Discussions
    • 20 lbs 8.2 oz milk chocolate,2.8 dark chocolate40 lbs. 16.4 oz milk chocolate,5.5 dark chocolate60 lbs. 24.5 oz milk chocolate, 8.3 dark chocolateThis is an average. If would depend on the dog. .

• We once had a 60 pound dog named Libby. We went out one night and forgot and unopened bag of Hershey Kisses on the counter! When we came back home the bag was gone and there were plastic shreds everywhere. Libby had eaten the ENTIRE bag of Kisses-wrappers and all! She vomited a lot but that was when she was about 2 human years old. She lived to be 15 human years! I think Science could be wrong about this one. If your friends dog is healthy and Libby lived to be old, I think chocolate is good for them!!! But don't go overboard. Okay?

• if a 50 pound dog eats like a teaspoon of chocolate nothing will happen but if that same dog eats a whole double layer chocolate cake, that dog will most definately be throwing up, vomiting severely nd possibly slowly dying. whats important to take caution is the dags age. if the dog is old nd in bad shape, well then his reaction to a plate of chocolate is going to be different from a yaoung and healthy dog. here are some facts about how much chocolate of which kind for what weight...: * White chocolate: 200 ounces per pound of body weight. It takes 250 pounds of white chocolate to cause signs of poisoning in a 20-pound dog, 125 pounds for a 10-pound dog. **** Milk chocolate: 1 ounce per pound of body weight. Approximately one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to a 20-pound dog; one-half pound for a 10-pound dog. The average chocolate bar contains 2 to 3 ounces of milk chocolate. It would take 2-3 candy bars to poison a 10 pound dog. Semi-sweet chocolate has a similar toxic level. **** Sweet cocoa: 0.3 ounces per pound of body weight. One-third of a pound of sweet cocoa is toxic to a 20-pound dog; 1/6 pound for a 10-pound dog. **** Baking chocolate: 0.1 ounce per pound body weight. Two one-ounce squares of bakers' chocolate is toxic to a 20-pound dog; one ounce for a 10-pound dog. hopw this helps... nd if i were you, i would go over to that neighbors house nd tell taht lady to stop killin her dog... it may be slowly but for every little bite of chocolate that dog takes, his/her life is shortened

• some dogs get sick right away and sometimes it's a slow painful death... that's what happened to my in-laws dog. They used to feed her chocolate (all kinds) all the time and eventually she died of some sort of organ failure way younger than she should have, the vet said it was b/c of a poor diet...Also once I was at the vet for a check-up w/ my cats and this huge German Shepherd was brought in b/c he had eaten 10 lbs of chocolate that was a christmas present (he ate the wrapping and everything). The owners gave him something to make him sick (instructed by the vet) but he still didn't get sick, so they brought him in to get his stomach pumped. He seemed fine when I saw him though - literally scared the sh** out of my cats!!!!hopefully your friends dog will be fine.