I took my dog to the vet Tuesday, he gave me Reglan to help with her vomiting. The second time?

I gave her the half of a pill, she started acting unusual. Normally she is hyperactive, happy to see everyone. Since I have given her that pill, she has been lethargic, sensivtive to touch in her hind quarters, she shakes, and is just plain depressed. …

I took my dog to the vet Tuesday, he gave me Reglan to help with her vomiting. The second time?

I gave her the half of a pill, she started acting unusual. Normally she is hyperactive, happy to see everyone. Since I have given her that pill, she has been lethargic, sensivtive to touch in her hind quarters, she shakes, and is just plain depressed. …...
    General Dog Discussions : I took my dog to the vet Tuesday, he gave me Reglan to help with her vomiting. The second time?...

• I took my dog to the vet Tuesday, he gave me Reglan to help with her vomiting. The second time?

I took my dog to the vet Tuesday, he gave me Reglan to help with her vomiting. The second time? General Dog Discussions
      I gave her the half of a pill, she started acting unusual. Normally she is hyperactive, happy to see everyone. Since I have given her that pill, she has been lethargic, sensivtive to touch in her hind quarters, she shakes, and is just plain depressed. I did take her to the vet again and he took blood samples this time, and he told me to reduce her dose to 1/4 of a pill and to give it to her 30 min b4 eating. He also gave me sample food that I mixed with her old food, because he said that she is vomiting b/c of her old food. I'm not sure what I should do, if I should continue to give her the Reglan or just say F it?? Give me your opinions, they are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I took my dog to the vet Tuesday, he gave me Reglan to help with her vomiting. The second time? General Dog Discussions
    • i would ask your vet to do some blood tests, she may have an infection or worse diabetes. if she drink a TON of water and keeps throwin up have the vet take a glucose test and test her urine for keytones, otherwise keep takin her to the vet.

• Maybe you should get dog food for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Change slowly by mixing with your current food. With all the problems coming to light with pet food, you may have gotten something not fit to eat.Feed her smaller amounts anyway if she has been ill. You can feed a sick dog some plain cooked oatmeal or rice to break the fast after they have been vomiting. Give the reglan if she continues to be ill, but if she still has those side effects, then don't give it.I hope you're dog will be better soon.