how do i get my chocolate brown labrador to like haveing baths?

my dog, a chocolate brown labrador hates haveing baths how do i make it happy to have a bath?

my dog, a chocolate brown labrador hates haveing baths how do i make it happy to have a bath?...
    General Dog Discussions : how do i get my chocolate brown labrador to like haveing baths?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how do i get my chocolate brown labrador to like haveing baths?

how do i get my chocolate brown labrador to like haveing baths? General Dog Discussions
      my dog, a chocolate brown labrador hates haveing baths how do i make it happy to have a bath?

how do i get my chocolate brown labrador to like haveing baths? General Dog Discussions
    • Make it a game. If you bathe your dog outside during warm weather, take the hose and squirt him a bit, then say 'good boy'. Then play with him a little, with the hose and water. As the game goes on...and he gets wet....add the soap and give him a quick bath. Praise him the whole time. :)Suggestion no. 2. lol....Invest in one of those plastic kiddie pools and fill it with water. Being a Lab. he will probably enjoy 'going for a swim'. You can bathe him while he is playing in his pool. Add some toys of his to the pool for him, too. :)

• I had the same problem with my chocolate lab. I had to drag her into the tub. What worked for me was to invite her into the tub with treats and toys. When she came into the tub on her own instead of me dragging her into the tub, she didn't hate baths as much. Also, instead of giving her a bath, I use the shower, and that seems to work a lot better. I just get in there with her and stay out of the way of the water and close the curtain, and that seems to work a lot better.

• Well i dont have much experience with dogs that dont like baths.If your dog has a favorite toy throw it in the tub and start splashing it around dont become frustarated it takes time try coaxing him in with food good luck

• Put him in the shower with you. I have done this with mine since they were pups and now they love, love, love water. I think me being in the shower with them made them feel safe.