Is it legal to order pet meds from Canada?

We are having major money issues and can't afford a trip to the vet for two dogs AND buy heart worm meds and flea control stuff. Want to keep their hearts protected! SO... with no prescription, I can order heartguard online from Canada. If I do this will…

We are having major money issues and can't afford a trip to the vet for two dogs AND buy heart worm meds and flea control stuff. Want to keep their hearts protected! SO... with no prescription, I can order heartguard online from Canada. If I do this will…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it legal to order pet meds from Canada?...

• Is it legal to order pet meds from Canada?

Is it legal to order pet meds from Canada? General Dog Discussions
      We are having major money issues and can't afford a trip to the vet for two dogs AND buy heart worm meds and flea control stuff. Want to keep their hearts protected! SO... with no prescription, I can order heartguard online from Canada. If I do this will the FEDS be knocking on my door next week?

Is it legal to order pet meds from Canada? General Dog Discussions
    • Before you put a dog on heart worm meds it needs to be checked by a vet to make sure that they don't already have heart worms. If the dog does have heart worms & you administer the wormer the worms will die & migrate to the lungs & kill the dog cause he will no longer be able to breath.It is not illegal but you must be careful. Know exactly what you are doing & what might happen if you do.

• Check the prices at PetMeds.com. They are have the same brand heartworm meds and flea/tick treatments that I was getting from my dogs vet but a lot cheaper. No shipping charge either on orders over $20 or $25.