Any legal issues of a summer pet sitting service?

Im only 12 and i want to start a pet sitting service. I love animals so i think this will be good for me. Im also pretty responsible and i train and groom my dog. Would i need insurance or something? Im kinda confused. Should i just forget about this?…

Im only 12 and i want to start a pet sitting service. I love animals so i think this will be good for me. Im also pretty responsible and i train and groom my dog. Would i need insurance or something? Im kinda confused. Should i just forget about this?…...
    General Dog Discussions : Any legal issues of a summer pet sitting service?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any legal issues of a summer pet sitting service?

Any legal issues of a summer pet sitting service? General Dog Discussions
      Im only 12 and i want to start a pet sitting service. I love animals so i think this will be good for me. Im also pretty responsible and i train and groom my dog. Would i need insurance or something? Im kinda confused. Should i just forget about this? Also, id buy a toy for each dog or cat to keep them occupied. I also have one pomeranian and two cats. Could something go bad with me already having pets? Thanks!

Any legal issues of a summer pet sitting service? General Dog Discussions
    • If you damage anything in someone else's home, or if someone's animal becomes ill or injured while in your care you could be held liable. Why don't you have your parents take you to volunteer at an animal shelter instead? That would be much safer for everyone. There are just a lot of legal issues because of your age. I am a full-time pet sitter and do carry business liability insurance to protect me from being sued or having to pay out of pocket for any accidents.Bringing other people's animals into your home with your own pets always presents a risk. What if their dog/cat has fleas or a disease that gets passed onto your pets? Then you will have to take them all to the vet. The owners of the animal could also come after you, saying their pet got sick from being at your house. That may not be true, but plenty of people would lie about something like that. Or even worse, what if you bring a dog into your house that attacks your dog or one of your cats? I would really recommend waiting until you are older to do something like this. For now stick to babysitting your friend's or relatives pets (ones you already know) and go and volunteer at a shelter.