How to get my dogs to get along?

I took one of my dogs to the vet the other day and upon her return, my other dog attacked her. She has growled at the other dog and started fights with her since her return. What can I do to make them get along?

I took one of my dogs to the vet the other day and upon her return, my other dog attacked her. She has growled at the other dog and started fights with her since her return. What can I do to make them get along?...
    General Dog Discussions : How to get my dogs to get along?...

• How to get my dogs to get along?

How to get my dogs to get along? General Dog Discussions
      I took one of my dogs to the vet the other day and upon her return, my other dog attacked her. She has growled at the other dog and started fights with her since her return. What can I do to make them get along?

How to get my dogs to get along? General Dog Discussions
    • I suggest you play with them both at the same time rewarding them both with treats, and don't play favorites. This will mix happiness with eachother on their heads, so eventually they will think of the other dog as a playmate. Your dog probably attacked the other one because it smelled something that got I the other dog as she was at the vet. So if your dog somehow got the scent of another dog on her while you were at the vet, the other dog would most likely smell the scent of an unknown dog and think there is an intruder. Or maybe it is a reaction to some kind of medicine scent on the other dog. If so, it will probably wear off in a few hours. If it doesn't, so what I said first, play with them at the same time and constantly praise them. I hope this helped!

• You have left out some important info. For instance, have they gotten along BEFORE your visit to the vet? If they HAVE always gotten along, I am thinking that the dog that went to the vet has (for whatever reason) changed scent wise, whether it's something the vet put on your dog or just rubbing up against something another dog or cat has been in contact with at the vet's office. In your other dog's eyes, your dog is a totally different dog, a stanger, so maybe bathing or putting a strong smelling doggie deodorant on your dog, will appeal to your other dog, it's worth a try!