How do you know when your dog's had enough chocolate?

Me and my dog have the best of times together, just bakin' out in the sun. Every morning on his walk I eat a Snickers and I split it with my dalmation. He LOVES it. Then when we get home, sometimes I'll share my ice cream with him or maybe a sleeve of…

Me and my dog have the best of times together, just bakin' out in the sun. Every morning on his walk I eat a Snickers and I split it with my dalmation. He LOVES it. Then when we get home, sometimes I'll share my ice cream with him or maybe a sleeve of…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you know when your dog's had enough chocolate?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you know when your dog's had enough chocolate?

How do you know when your dog's had enough chocolate? General Dog Discussions
      Me and my dog have the best of times together, just bakin' out in the sun. Every morning on his walk I eat a Snickers and I split it with my dalmation. He LOVES it. Then when we get home, sometimes I'll share my ice cream with him or maybe a sleeve of chips ahoy. But I'm afraid he'll start to get fat. He's already losing some of his pep. Does anyone know when enough is enough for dogs and chocolate? He's just a puppy and I don't want him to be a big fat dog that lays around all day. Serious answers only please.

How do you know when your dog's had enough chocolate? General Dog Discussions
    • Chocolate is really bad for animals... be careful he might get sick and die. Becoming fat could be the least of your dog's problems. And I am serious.

• You aren't supposed to feed dogs chocolate. Chcolate is bad for dogs and could either make them sick or even kill them. And you will know when your dog has had enough chocolate when it gets sick

• You are not saposed to give dogs chocolate of ANY kind!! It is a poison to them. And as for icecream, be careful with that, it can give dogs brain freeze as well as humans, but it can cause actual strokes in dogs!

• Dogs aren't supposed to eat chocolate at all. I think you shouldn't even feed him it anymore and maybe he throws up or acts strangely. Maybe you should ask a vet.

• dogs should not be eating chocolate. u should buy him some doggy treats and when u take him for a walk give these to him instead. or take him to a vet and get some advice from them.

• Dogs should never eat chocolate! There is a chemical reaction that can happen that can cause seizures, illness, even death. Chocolate in any form can be toxic to many dogs, as can alot of "people" food. Only give him high quality dog food and dog treats, i.e. Flint River Ranch, Solid Gold, Royal Canin, Natural Balance etc... Maybe you should go and pick up a book on raising puppies? I recommend "8 weeks to a healthy dog", "How to speak dog", and "Cesar's way". Good luck, and please stop with the chocolate!

• Don't worry about your dog getting fat, personally i think fat dogs are cute. It is true that choclate is bad for dogs though so you probbally should stop that.There is a type of doggie treat that looks and tastes like choclate to dogs though. I used to give it to my dog. I dont remember what exactly it is called but look for it in the dog treat section of the grocery store or whatever.

• Stop feeding this junk to your dog NOW! Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, can kill your dog. Too much sugar and junk will lead to obesity and diabetes and cut his life in half. Try feeding him milk-bone biscuits on your walks.No More Chocolate!!!