Could ever a dog be immune to chocolate?

For the past 15 months, I didn't know that my father was accidentally feeding my four dogs chocolate icing donuts and chocolate things from his dount and ice cream shop. I one day saw him feeding him them and I told him that. He didn't know. How come my…

For the past 15 months, I didn't know that my father was accidentally feeding my four dogs chocolate icing donuts and chocolate things from his dount and ice cream shop. I one day saw him feeding him them and I told him that. He didn't know. How come my…...
    General Dog Discussions : Could ever a dog be immune to chocolate?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Could ever a dog be immune to chocolate?

Could ever a dog be immune to chocolate? General Dog Discussions
      For the past 15 months, I didn't know that my father was accidentally feeding my four dogs chocolate icing donuts and chocolate things from his dount and ice cream shop. I one day saw him feeding him them and I told him that. He didn't know. How come my dogs haven't gotten sick or have died?Before this they have been fed chocolate cake. I don't know why.I have a lab mix (14), 3 beagles (6,6, and 13)He didn't know it was a mistake.

Could ever a dog be immune to chocolate? General Dog Discussions
    • They cannot be immune - the compound theobromine which is related to caffeine can cause heart arrthythmias and a kill a dog. Dose is very important as is the type of chocolate - dark baker's chocolate being the worst.The chocolate on a donut is not good for the dog but it is mixed with other ingredients and not that much. The dose was probably not high enough. But your dad should definitely stop this practice.

• He just didn't get them enough to kill them but I've never heard of a dog being immune to chocolate. Lucky you corrected this before it turned out badly

• my best friend used to feed his dog snickers and the dog didn't die right after eating it, but he found out later his dog had cancer and heart worms, I'm not sure if it was from the chocolate or not, but I doubt dogs will get immune to it

• no dongs are not "immune" to chocolate.A chocolate frosted donut or the occasional hershey kiss is not going to kill a dog. Depending on the type of chocolate, it actually takes quite a bit.. I think it takes about a pound of milk chocolate to kill a small dog.. baking chocolate takes less.