What can i give my dog to gain weight?

My 2 year old husky gave birth to a litter of three puppies they have gone to good homes already but she has lost a lot of weight. I took her to the vet and they said that she is very healthy. I am feeding her Blue Buffalo puppy food plus wet food. She…

My 2 year old husky gave birth to a litter of three puppies they have gone to good homes already but she has lost a lot of weight. I took her to the vet and they said that she is very healthy. I am feeding her Blue Buffalo puppy food plus wet food. She…...
    General Dog Discussions : What can i give my dog to gain weight?...

• What can i give my dog to gain weight?

What can i give my dog to gain weight? General Dog Discussions
      My 2 year old husky gave birth to a litter of three puppies they have gone to good homes already but she has lost a lot of weight. I took her to the vet and they said that she is very healthy. I am feeding her Blue Buffalo puppy food plus wet food. She hasn't gained any weight and i wasn't to know if i can give her vitamins that will make her gain weight.

What can i give my dog to gain weight? General Dog Discussions
    • The puppies have taken most of her fat from nursing off her, she will gain it back soon. My dog was the same way and she looked so sad, so desperate. I hard boiled some eggs and gave her 2 a day. I also gave her a few tablespoons of peanut butter. She gained her wight back fairly quickly and her coat was also shiny from the eggs :)

• This is a really great recipe! Never met a dog who wouldent eat it and it puts weight on them FAST! They ate called satin balls and you can feed it to them along with their dog food or all by itself. Ingredients10 pounds hamburgermeat (the cheapest1 lg. box of Totalcereal (corn flakes ifyou need tosubstitute)1 lg. box oatmeal1 jar of wheat germ1 1/4 cup veg oil1 1/4 cup ofunsulfured molasses10 raw eggs ANDshells10 envelopes ofunflavored gelatinpinch of saltMix all ingredientstogether, much likeyou would a meatloaf.Divide into 10 quartfreezer bags andThaw as needed andfeed raw!