Is it painful for the dog when it wears out his claws running on pavement?

When the dog's claws are so worn out from running that it has gone beyond the red part where the nerve endings are, is it painful for the dog? Should I avoid this from happening?Well I doubt that it is that painful as she is playing normally. Just a few…

When the dog's claws are so worn out from running that it has gone beyond the red part where the nerve endings are, is it painful for the dog? Should I avoid this from happening?Well I doubt that it is that painful as she is playing normally. Just a few…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it painful for the dog when it wears out his claws running on pavement?...

• Is it painful for the dog when it wears out his claws running on pavement?

Is it painful for the dog when it wears out his claws running on pavement? General Dog Discussions
      When the dog's claws are so worn out from running that it has gone beyond the red part where the nerve endings are, is it painful for the dog? Should I avoid this from happening?Well I doubt that it is that painful as she is playing normally. Just a few claws that are like that and I am not sure whether it did reach the nerve-endings.

Is it painful for the dog when it wears out his claws running on pavement? General Dog Discussions
    • I think you are meaning on the nails?YES extremely painful!!!!!! How many nails are like this? If there is more than one, you may consider a call to your vet (he shouldn't have to see her) and ask for pain medication to give her to help her get through.

• Yes if the pavement is scrapping the nerves. You could try having the dog wear booties (they're actually kinda cute) the dog may not enjoy it but it could give the nails a chance to grow.The dogs should also the the vet just incase they may beable to give something to ease the pain. That and you may wants to check for infection.