Where can I get a dog nailclipper that beeps?

I heard about dog nail clippers that beep if you get near the bloodline or maybe it just lit up.This way you don't cut to far and hurt your dog. My dog has long nails and if I try to clip them she kicks even if someone is hanging on to her.I took her to…

I heard about dog nail clippers that beep if you get near the bloodline or maybe it just lit up.This way you don't cut to far and hurt your dog. My dog has long nails and if I try to clip them she kicks even if someone is hanging on to her.I took her to…...
    General Dog Discussions : Where can I get a dog nailclipper that beeps?...

• Where can I get a dog nailclipper that beeps?

Where can I get a dog nailclipper that beeps? General Dog Discussions
      I heard about dog nail clippers that beep if you get near the bloodline or maybe it just lit up.This way you don't cut to far and hurt your dog. My dog has long nails and if I try to clip them she kicks even if someone is hanging on to her.I took her to the vet and they had someone lay across her body and the vet gave up.She only weighs 18 pounds but she kicks hard.

Where can I get a dog nailclipper that beeps? General Dog Discussions
    • petsmart carries them.. but try taking her to the vet and ahving her drugged a bit so she won't struggle. Then, walk her frequently on pavement and cement to keep her nails short. Try positive reinforcemnt to get her to allow your to trim her nails.. start by touching her foot, giving her a treat.. and keep doing it. Also, make rubbing her feet part of the daily love session. Than, when she is comfortable with you touching her feet, put some peanut butter on the fridge for her to lick at eye level to her, and while she's licking, secretly clip a tteeny bit off the nail.. enough so she won't really nottice. Then, praise like crazy. The next day, do the same to another nail.. and over time, she will get acclimated to having her feet handled. The clippers you're asking about won't really prevent you clipping her quick when she's flailing around.. but if you think they're neat.. then get them. :)

• Try holding her legs just above the elbow on the front legs and right above where the leg bends on the rear legs. This will prevent the dog from kicking because they have no control of their leg if you're holding it in those areas. In your case, I'd have at least 2 or 3 people willing to help. I can imagine how much 18 pounds feels when she's trying everything in her power to get away from you. I've had to help trim 10 pound dog's nails before and its quite a challenge when they're flipping, kicking, growling, etc. I have not hear of the nailclippers that beep. But sounds like a good invention for pet owners.

• PetSmart carries them. I just saw one in the store yesterday. They run aprox 32.00 A light goes off and detects the kwick. Red if too short, Yellow is caution your getting close and green signals ok to clip. They are made in Small, Medium and Large for the size of your dog.