Is it okay to give your dog purified water?

I thought I heard that as a wierd fact some where but I am not sure of it. Also I heard that you can't give a dog chocolate some pretty wierd things. But if anyone know please answer I want to keep my dog strong and healthy. Thank you

I thought I heard that as a wierd fact some where but I am not sure of it. Also I heard that you can't give a dog chocolate some pretty wierd things. But if anyone know please answer I want to keep my dog strong and healthy. Thank you...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it okay to give your dog purified water?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it okay to give your dog purified water?

Is it okay to give your dog purified water? General Dog Discussions
      I thought I heard that as a wierd fact some where but I am not sure of it. Also I heard that you can't give a dog chocolate some pretty wierd things. But if anyone know please answer I want to keep my dog strong and healthy. Thank you

Is it okay to give your dog purified water? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes you can give your dog purified water it will not hurt him and chocolate is small portions is not bad. Coco is what they can die from. So Dark Chocolate BAD!!! Milk Chocolate not so bad. Also, Garlic, Grapes, and Poinsettias are bad.

• We buy bottled water for our dogs because there is sulfur in the water where we live. Here is a website for you.www.missouriscenicrivers.com/baddogfoods.htmlThey list things that are bad for dogs.

• Chocolate can be deadly to dogs and lots of other animals as well. Never give your dog junk. As far as water, I filter my personal drinking water by reverse osmosis and I give that to my dogs and cats as well. Purified is OK but not necessary because of the acids in a dog's stomach. I would not give my animals "distilled" water as it has no minerals. There are lots of people food that dogs should not have. Look on the internet, you can find the lists.

• Yes, it is OK to give your dog purified water, but distilled water is not a great idea, it lacks all sorts of minerals that plain filtered water or tap water has. You should not give your dog Chocolate, the theobromine it cotnains is toxic to dogs and in large enough quantities can be fatal (actually only about an ounce of dark chocolate can kill a 10 pound dog). Here's a list of the most common foods and household items that can be dangerous for your pet: http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_poisonsafe

• Chocolate contains theobromine which is toxic to dogs an din large amounts can kill. In small amounts it can cause diarrhoea, vomiting, hyperactivity, muscle spasms, raised or erratic heart beat, it is best to never give a dog chocolate, unless it is the type specifically for dogs.Purified water is fine, I use water from a Brita filter jug for my two.