Is it ok to feed your puppy yogurt and is it good for him?

I don't want to make any mistakes like feeding your dog chocolate

I don't want to make any mistakes like feeding your dog chocolate...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it ok to feed your puppy yogurt and is it good for him?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it ok to feed your puppy yogurt and is it good for him?

Is it ok to feed your puppy yogurt and is it good for him? General Dog Discussions
      I don't want to make any mistakes like feeding your dog chocolate

Is it ok to feed your puppy yogurt and is it good for him? General Dog Discussions
    • Please look into feeding an all-raw diet. Some are concerned about bacteria and parasites in raw, but the stomachs of dogs are highly acidic, able to liquefy raw meat/bones. Canines are designed to handle parasites and large amounts of unhealthy bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella. Raw fed dogs will have a strong immune system able to handle any viral, bacterial, or parasitic infection. Dog food decreases the acidity of your dogs' digestive system, so mixing dog food and raw meat is often a bad idea. Also, feeding raw bones is critical. They can't be cooked because cooked bones can splinter and cause injury/death. Raw bones are much more pliable and easily digested. Many vets recommend a kibble-based diet despite the inadequate nutritional value.. A small reason for this is that they can earn about 20% of their revenue from pet food sales and manufacturer kickbacks. The main reason, however, is because they receive about 2 weeks worth of training on animal nutrition, and guess who the teacher is? A representative from a pet food manufacturer. The pet food industry earns over $17 billion annually in the US. Huge profit margins are gained by use of the cheapest ingredients possible. A major ingredient in dog food is grain, such as corn, wheat, or soy. These are indigestible to dogs. They are literally the floor scrapings from mills that process these grains for human food. They can even include cardboard. This causes large, bulky stools, or at it's worst, causes bloat, diabetes, bowel problems, etc. Vitamins and minerals are added because they have been cooked out of dog food. Other ingredients are artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. Colors are added to make it look good to us, but unfortunately they may be toxic and lead to kidney/liver problems and cancer. Compare the ingredients of a low quality dog food to a high quality dog food. The first ingredient may be some variety of meat. Maybe it's actually "meat" or "meat meal". "Meat" is a protein source that comes from rendering plants that process slaughter house leftovers, road kill, and dead animals from animal shelters and vet offices. They then sell the material to livestock feed and pet food manufacturers. Not only is it unbearable to think of our dogs as cannibals, bear in mind that the soduim pentobarbital used in euthanization is not eliminated in the rendering process. Today the pet food industry earns billions, yet faces countless lawsuits from owners who's animals were made sick/killed by their products.

• Try not to do too much, puppies immune systems are sort of weak. Yogurt is made of bacteria and dogs don't have a high immunity to it when they're little. Try starting with a small spoon, smaller then a teaspoon. Adjust it higher as they grow up to make an immunity and they should be safe. Hope I helped. =D

• Low fat plain or vanilla yogurt is ok every once in a while. Cottage cheese every once in a while is also ok. My dog prefers low fat cottage cheese to yogurt but you can certainly try both to see what he likes better. :]