How long do you have to attend school to be a dog trainer an groomer?

When I am older I want to be a dog trainer and groomer. I was wondering how long and how much it costs to be one.

When I am older I want to be a dog trainer and groomer. I was wondering how long and how much it costs to be one....
    General Dog Discussions : How long do you have to attend school to be a dog trainer an groomer?...

• How long do you have to attend school to be a dog trainer an groomer?

How long do you have to attend school to be a dog trainer an groomer? General Dog Discussions
      When I am older I want to be a dog trainer and groomer. I was wondering how long and how much it costs to be one.

How long do you have to attend school to be a dog trainer an groomer? General Dog Discussions
    • NO!Utterly useless RIP-OFF!!!!!There's NO "certification" required OR available!One learns grooming by starting out as a scut-worker under an experienced groomer.One proves they're a REAL trainer by the TITLES one puts on numerous dogs!Both are below minimum wage & involve hard physical labor ,dangerous & dirty

• While there are schools it is better to find an apprenticeship under trainers that have learned from experience. It is also good to find your way into the dog world. Whether you join a local 4-h dog club, or get a job at a kennel, or vet. There is also the option of becoming a certified animal behaviorist, which does involve college and depending on your degree it'd take between roughly between 4-10 years(longer if you become a vetrinary behaviorist.Most of the dog grooming schools are under two years, but again it may be possible to basically apprentice a groomer. However, teens can get a job helping out at some dog groomers and figure out how you will go about it from there.