What would a Vet do for my dog if I would take him in to see about having Kennal Cough?

He is a chowchow mix and im pretty sure it is this,I looked up videos on youtube and it sounds exactly like this,So far we have been giving him Canola oil and even butter to help him,but what would a vet do for my dog if I were to take him in? I…

What would a Vet do for my dog if I would take him in to see about having Kennal Cough?

He is a chowchow mix and im pretty sure it is this,I looked up videos on youtube and it sounds exactly like this,So far we have been giving him Canola oil and even butter to help him,but what would a vet do for my dog if I were to take him in? I…...
    General Dog Discussions : What would a Vet do for my dog if I would take him in to see about having Kennal Cough?...

• What would a Vet do for my dog if I would take him in to see about having Kennal Cough?

What would a Vet do for my dog if I would take him in to see about having Kennal Cough? General Dog Discussions
      He is a chowchow mix and im pretty sure it is this,I looked up videos on youtube and it sounds exactly like this,So far we have been giving him Canola oil and even butter to help him,but what would a vet do for my dog if I were to take him in? I researched online that the vet actually does nothing and just tells him to live it through,Any one ever take their dog to a vet for Kennel cough? Thanks any advice will helpThanks Jaime:]Thanks Jaime:]Thanks Elizabeth and at '?' I think you may be exxagerating Thanks though haha

What would a Vet do for my dog if I would take him in to see about having Kennal Cough? General Dog Discussions
    • My dog had kennel cough after we bought her. The vet gave her a pill to take for around 2 weeks. It worked perfectly and was a very easy fix. The entire ordeal was less than $100.

• Kennel cough is VERY VERY bad. You can expect to pay roughly $2000 or more in vet bills, and you very well may need to leave your dog there over night if it gets bad enough. It will not go away on it's own. DO NOT just go to the internet and search until you find somebody with the answer you are looking for. Yes, I know somebody who had a dog who had it. They spend about $2,200 at the vet, and the dog was in the hospital for about 2 weeks.

• It depends on how bad it is. When I got my dog from the shelter, he had kennel cough. It was so bad that he was too weak to walk. We brought him back to the shelter and they kept him overnight for 10 days and had him on antibiotics before we got him back. Meanwhile, our other dog was infected. We brought him to the vet who gave him antibiotics (which helped a lot) and it costed about 100.