What are these smells coming out of my dog?

One smells like urine which I believe is her fart :XThe other smells almost like blood; it smells very much like iron and I have no idea what it is. My dog has been spade for 5 months now so I didn't think she would have any type of menstrual cycle.The…

One smells like urine which I believe is her fart :XThe other smells almost like blood; it smells very much like iron and I have no idea what it is. My dog has been spade for 5 months now so I didn't think she would have any type of menstrual cycle.The…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are these smells coming out of my dog?...

• What are these smells coming out of my dog?

What are these smells coming out of my dog? General Dog Discussions
      One smells like urine which I believe is her fart :XThe other smells almost like blood; it smells very much like iron and I have no idea what it is. My dog has been spade for 5 months now so I didn't think she would have any type of menstrual cycle.The fur around her vagina is also very dark, why is that?

What are these smells coming out of my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Does she have an innie vulva? In other words, is there a little doughnut of pudge around her vulva area? If she's secreting a tin smelling discharge she may have vaginitis, which is common for dogs with innie vulvas, even if they've been spayed. It's more common in female puppies that have not yet been spayed, but some females will continue to have bouts of vaginitis into their adult years. It's nothing serious, it's simply where the innie shape of the vulva allows secretions and urine to get trapped, almost creating a type of smegma. You can take a couple of cotton balls and soak them in warm water. Lift up the pudge surrounding the vulva and clean the area thoroughly. It will eventually resolve itself without any ill effects on your dog. Some vets prescribe Clavamox for it, which is silly, because it isn't an infection and oftentimes the Clavamox causes digestive upset.