My cat is dying of cancer what should I do?

The vet says my cat has cancer and wanted me to give him permission to put her to sleep. I don't believe in drugs and chemo treatment so I saw this stuff with herbs for cat cancer that has burdock and other herbs and want to give it to my cat along with…

My cat is dying of cancer what should I do?

The vet says my cat has cancer and wanted me to give him permission to put her to sleep. I don't believe in drugs and chemo treatment so I saw this stuff with herbs for cat cancer that has burdock and other herbs and want to give it to my cat along with…...
    General Dog Discussions : My cat is dying of cancer what should I do?...

• Do you not realize that drugs and chemo come from the same places your all natural remedies come from? As a cancer nurse it breaks my heart to see people spending money on drugs that absolutely do not work. They may seem to help because whoever is wasting their money on them so desperately want them to. Remember one thing above all- your kitty can't tell you she's in pain and believe me she's in pain! She can't pick up the phone and tell you she needs help- all she can do is suffer in silence. Please stop being selfish and do what's right! added on 9/4 I am so happy to hear she's not in pain. Be careful -cats are experts in hiding pain. Spend time with her and realize you're in pain too! The kind of pain that only comes from unconditional love. It really hurts to lose someone we love. Remember you didn't give her cancer but you are responsible for keeping her pain free. I am really sorry that you have to endure this pain- hopefully you aren't alone. Good luck to you- many people are praying for you to both find peace.

• Think about about as if you are the cat.What would you want.If you still can sleep, eat and play, then you would want to hang around for awhile longer.But if you are in pain, not playing around anymore, then you wouldnt want to be around to just suffer.Forget of this natural product BS, there is not way out for your cat with cancer.We did the same with our small dog, it got cancer, and we let her hang around until she start to vomit and not running around then we put her to sleep.Dont feel bad, you will be doing it a favor.

• I know you don't want to hear this, but you should have her put to sleep. She's one of the family and it hurts so much, but please don't make her suffer anymore than she already has.It's the right thing to do.

• Oh, you poor thing, and your poor cat. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss. I love my cats; we haven't lost one in several years, but I remember how helpless I felt holding her as she suffered.Here's the thing -- your cat is dying. When the bad days outweight the good days, you get to relieve the suffering of someone who loves you, who depends on you, who looks to you for everything. Burdock isn't going to do it, and if your vet says the drugs and chemo aren't going to do it either, then take some time off, spend the last few days with your cat, love her and hold her and when the time comes, cry into her fur as she slowly stops purring.Then wait 40 days and go to a shelter. Your cat will find you there, in her next incarnation. Namu Amida Butsu!

• Sometimes a natural remedy will react badly with a prescription and make things worse for your kitty.My darling Tiger passed away last year from kidney failure and I was with him when he took his last breath, for which I am very grateful. He knew we were both there, petting him when he passed. IF you decide that you must have Kitty put to sleep, please try to be there when he passes. Yes, you will cry, and be upset, but it really is a very peaceful transition. And if he is in great pain and discomfort, his release will be welcome.PLEASE go to: www.questforhealth.comfor some answers to your question. Pam can help you with your concerns.Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you and Kitty now. God bless you both.All will be well.

• THE BEST THING WOULD TO PUT IT TO SLEEP WHICH IS REALLY HARD BUT IF A CAT IS IN PAIN AND SUFFERING ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DOIVE TRYED SO STUFF BUT IT STILL DIED BUT IT WAS IT WAS LUCEMIA

• I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm dealing with something similar, except we are opting for chemo. Cats don't get so sick from chemo like humans do. However, I am current researching alternative therapies as well.A good starting place is a group that concentrates on holistic treatment of cats with cancer. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FelineCancer-Holistic/ and post there about your cat's situation and read the files. You may get your miracle, or at least buy time.What type of cancer is it, and how advanced? Are they positive it is cancer? Did they do a biopsy? Include that type of information in your post.Most of all, make whatever time you two have left together good time.Of course you shouldn't put her to sleep if she is still comfortable. However, you do need to think deeply about when you think it is time for that step. Sit with her, pet her, and try to see what she wants. Even though she can't talk, she may be very clear. If she totally stops eating or purring for good, those are pretty clear signs that she is ready to go.

• Burdock is used for cancer.Try essiac tas or the hoxsey formula. A cat dose is figured by weight.. see here for how to figure it uphttp://www.herbdoc.com/p63.aspRichard schultze has an incurables program for people that is highly effective that you could do if you wanted to spend all that mney..perhaps his detox formula Iwhich is like the hoxsey formula)http://www.herbdoc.com/p33.aspyou can make his formula this is what I did when I went on it..go online find how to make tinctures..it is easy..use bulk herbs from health food store or on line..most of them are 1 part each herbs he mentions..a few are2 parts but that isn't important..the only notable difference is to use 7 parts pyllium to one part of the other herbs in intestinal cleanse 2..he used these on many pets as well as people...so they are safe.Also look up Linda Rector Page's book.."healthy Healig" she has a section on pets. I had went upstairs and got the book and typed all her stuff for you, but accidientally hit the esc key and lost it all and I am sorry but I am in pain from being on computer so long and can't retype..as I must take a break but they may have book at library..plus I think the other stuff is more effective.Carrot juice (fresh) might help.so would giving wheat grass (a people dose is one ounce increasing gradually to 2 oz. so a 15 lound cat would take 1/10th of that...also rub into the tumor along with 1/2 diluted goldenseal echinacea tincture and aloe vera gel fresh.. give cast dose of vit c.Hope this helps